Vogue Picks Its Five Favourites For Fifth Anniversary IssueView Slideshow
Vogue’s October issue (that would be our September issue as far as weightage is concerned) features five actresses—Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor and Anushka Sharma—mid-jump on five separate covers to celebrate their fifth anniversary. In an inside feature, the five (so chosen because they’re the mag’s “most fashionable favourites”) are photographed with their mugs in front of each letter of the magazine’s name (shot separately to avoid embarrassing encounters, though no doubt they would have been mutually gleeful at their biggest competition, Kareena Kapoor, being left off the fold). Thankfully, in place of interviews or profiles, five men—writers Sidin Vadukut, Anil Thakraney, Samit Basu, director Dibakar Banerjee and actor Rahul Khanna—rustle up imaginary tales around them that are surprisingly caustic and funny (save for Banerjee’s rather plodding detailing of Kapoor’s virtues). To see the five covers, click on the “view slideshow” button, above.Tags: Anushka Sharma, Deepika Padukone, Fashion, Katrina Kaif, magazines, Media, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor, Vogue
You Might Also Like...
- Win A Seat At A Masterclass With MasterChef Australia’s Sarah Todd
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!