The Vigil Idiot: Heroine
I saw Heroine twice over the weekend—once because I had to, and once because of company I just couldn’t say no to. Although, that isn’t really an accurate statement when I think about it. Because, being a Madhur Bhandarkar production, this is actually a film that I’ve seen like 17 times before. He just called it Fashion. Or Page 3. Or Corporate. And when you have nothing new to say, even a cast that includes Kareena Kapoor (playing heroine Mahi Arora), Arjun Rampal (playing actor Aryan Khanna), Randeep Hooda (playing cricketer Angad Paul) and Divya Dutta (PR agent Pallavi), can do little to redeem it. On second thought, it would be pretty hard for that cast to redeem anything, really.
Sahil Rizwan is a 24-year-old freelance writer and creator of The Vigil Idiot. When he’s not busy doing everything in his power to avoid taking up a 9-to-5 desk job, you can probably find him curled up in front of a TV or his laptop. You can follow him on Twitter and Facebook.Tags: Arjun Rampal, Divya Dutta, Film, Heroine, Kareena Kapoor, Madhur Bhandarkar, Randeep Hooda, The Vigil Idiot
You Might Also Like...
- Everything You Wanted To Know About The Red Bull Tour Bus But Didn’t Know Whom To Ask
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!