The Vigil Idiot: Cocktail
First, the good things about director Homi Adajania’s Cocktail. It’s a great movie to look at! Although, I suspect a lot of that has to do with newcomer Diana Penty (she plays Mira) being on screen for a substantial amount of the runtime. And Deepika Padukone’s legs (as seen on the character of Veronica) have put in their finest performance in a short, but memorable career. But that’s about all I took away from this film. It lost me the moment it showed Saif Ali Khan’s character (Gautam), a software engineer who gets all the ladies. I mean, come on! Of course, that’s not the only place where the writers forgot to keep it real. Keep scrolling and see for yourself.
Sahil Rizwan is a 24-year-old freelance writer and creator of The Vigil Idiot. When he’s not busy doing everything in his power to avoid taking up a 9-to-5 desk job, you can probably find him curled up in front of a TV or his laptop. You can follow him on Twitter and Facebook.Tags: Bollywood, Cocktail, Deepika Padukone, Diana Penty, Film, Homi Adajania, Saif Ali Khan, The Vigil Idiot
You Might Also Like...
- Win A Seat At A Masterclass With MasterChef Australia’s Sarah Todd
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!