The Vigil Idiot: Bol Bachchan
Our newest cartoonist attempts to explain the latest Bollywood release. All irrational plot twists are entirely intentional.
After scoring success with Singham, his Hindi version of the Tamil blockbuster Singam, director Rohit Shetty is back with another remake. Although, not really. Because, while he may have bought the rights to Gol Maal, Shetty’s Bol Bachchan—where Ajay Devgn replaces Utpal Dutt and Abhishek Bachchan is cast in Amol Palekar’s role—is about as far removed from the 1979 Hrishikesh Mukherjee classic as Inspector Dhoble is from having a good time. Read the comic. You’ll see.
Sahil Rizwan is a 24-year-old freelance writer and creator of The Vigil Idiot. When he’s not busy doing everything in his power to avoid taking up a 9-to-5 desk job, you can probably find him curled up in front of a TV or his laptop.Tags: Abhishek Bachchan, Ajay Devgn, Bol Bachchan, Comics, Film, Rohit Shetty, The Vigil Idiot
You Might Also Like...
- Everything You Wanted To Know About The Red Bull Tour Bus But Didn’t Know Whom To Ask
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!