Bandra To Get A New Patisserie
• Landmark Group, a Dubai-based hospitality company that owns the franchise for Gloria Jean’s Coffee cafes in India, plans to bring the popular American doughnut chain Krispy Kreme to the country. They intend to open 80 stores across south and west India over the next five years. [The Times of India]
• Dolcemente Italia, a new 25-seater patisserie, is slated to open in Bandra on Sunday, June 17. On the menu are truffles, parfaits, muffins, waffles, fruit salads, ice creams sticks, gelato, and fro-yo. Daily, from 11am to 11.30pm. Silver Croft, 16th Road, near Khane Khas, Bandra (West). Tel: 3378 7662.
• Saffron Bay, a new banquet, restaurant and lounge, is slated to open in Chowpatty, in the first week of July. The three-storey building, which was earlier called Ikxia—The Event Lounge, will feature a 1,500 square feet multi-cuisine banquet on the ground floor, a 50-cover Mughlai restaurant on the second floor, and a rooftop lounge, which will replace The Terrace. The menu highlights include Multani shorba (chicken soup with quail egg); paneer Birbal (crumb-fried paneer stuffed with cheese); and murgh jhinga roll. 39B, near Cafe Coffee Day, Chowpatty.
• All Things Nice, a company that organises wine tastings across the city, is hosting a wine dinner at Neel at Tote on the Turf, on Thursday, June 21, for which chef Mukhtar Qureshi will prepare a four-course menu. The menu includes root vegetables and orange soup; black pepper and coriander-seasoned salmon with mini rotis; grilled baby aubergines with tandoor-cooked mushrooms; duck kebabs; morel mushrooms biryani; and pumpkin halwa with tandoori peach and rabdi ice cream. The food will be paired with wines from India, Portugal, Australia, and South Africa. The dinner is priced at Rs2,550 per person. Mahalaxmi Race Course, opposite Gates 5 & 6, Keshvrao Khadye Marg, Mahalaxmi. Tel: 6157 7777. To reserve a seat, call 98206 30077.
• The Mahalaxmi outpost of Olive Bar & Kitchen has introduced happy hours between 6pm and 8.30pm on weekdays. During these hours, they will serve a discounted wine menu and offer a “buy one, get one free” deal on all spirits and beers. Amateur Riders Club Building, Mahalaxmi Racecourse, Gate 8, Keshvrao Khadye Marg, Mahalaxmi. Tel: 4085 9595.
• The branch of Cafe Moshe’s inside Fabindia in Kala Ghoda has shuttered.