Hakkasan Is Serving A Special Anniversary Menu
• The bar at Tote on the Turf in Mahalaxmi has launched happy hours between 6pm and 10pm, during which you will get a free drink for every one you buy. Between 9pm and 11pm on Fridays, the bar will offer women select cocktails for free. The cocktails include flavoured martinis, Bloody Mary, and caipiroska. Mahalaxmi Race Course, opposite Gates 5 & 6, Keshvrao Khadye Marg, Mahalaxmi. Tel: 6157 7777.
• The Tasting Room, the all-day restaurant at Good Earth in Lower Parel, has introduced an unlimited sangria offer priced at Rs400 per person (exclusive of taxes). The offer is valid daily, from noon to 11.30pm. First Floor, Good Earth, Raghuvanshi Mills, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel. Tel: 6528 5284.
• To celebrate its first anniversary, Hakkasan, the fine-dining Chinese restaurant in Bandra, will serve special four-course lunch and dinner menus from Monday, May 28 to Friday, June 1. The lunch menu, priced at Rs1,500 per person (for a minimum of two people), will get you edamame dumplings; lettuce wraps with roast duck; steamed rawas with chilli sauce; mushrooms with pak choi; and mango and ginger creme brulee. The dinner menu, priced at Rs2,500 per person (for a minimum of two people), includes a free glass of champagne; Sanpei chicken clay pot; the Hakka steamed dim sum basket; braised monk’s vegetable in bean curd wrap; and Hakka hand-pulled noodles. Krystal, Waterfield Road, same building as ICICI Bank, Bandra (West). Tel: 2644 4444.
• To commemorate World Environment Day, which is on Tuesday, June 5, the Mocha chain of coffee shops is inviting people to donate a stack of at least five old newspapers, magazines or books to any Mocha outlet in the city from Saturday, June 2 to Tuesday, June 5. In return, the coffee shop will serve you a complimentary mocha shake. See here for locations.
• Yo! Yogee, a new frozen yoghurt store, has opened in Lokhandwala. On the menu are strawberry; original; and pineapple flavoured fro-yo, apple; watermelon; and lychee smoothies, yoghurt sundaes, and parfaits. Prices start at Rs59 for a small cup of fro-yo and Rs10 for toppings. Daily, 11am to 11pm. Shop No.15, New Link Place, opposite Cinemax Versova, Andheri (West).
• Kebabs & Kurries, the Indian restaurant at ITC Grand Central in Parel, has a new menu. It features sikandari raan; jhinga dum anari; kakori kebabs; Awadhi hara kebabs; Kalinga machli; mahi qaliya; and shaan-e-aam (mangoes combined with fresh cream and almond and pistachio shavings). ITC Grand Central, 287, Dr. B. Ambedkar Road, Parel. Tel: 2410 1010.
• Avid Learning, an Essar Group organisation that conducts workshops across Mumbai, will host a talk on “Food and Our City” on Wednesday, June 6, from 6.30pm to 8pm. Journalist Naresh Fernandes will moderate a conversation between chef and restaurateur Rahul Akerkar and food writer Vikram Doctor. The dialogue will focus on Mumbai’s constantly evolving culinary history. Studio X Mumbai, Kitab Mahal, Fourth Floor, 192 D. N. Road, Fort. To register, call 99301 36486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also register on the spot.