Shop For Recycled Teak Furniture At Gallery BMB
• Gallery BMB will host an exhibition and sale of teak wood furniture by Nashik-based designers Uttara and Adwait Kher on Friday, April 13 and Saturday, April, 14, from 11am to 7pm. The Khers’ sofa sets, chairs, benches, cupboards, cabinets, lamps, chests, and beds are all made from recycled wood. Gallery BMB, Queens Mansion, Ground Floor, near Cathedral School, G. T. Marg, Fort. Tel: 6171 5757.
• Mumbai-based entrepreneur Perveez Aggarwal, who promotes Parsi gara embroidery through exhibitions, is organising one such showcase called My Beautiful Embroideries. You can shop for hand-embroidered saris, jackets, dupattas, stoles and salwar suits with flower and rooster motifs at the three-day exhibition, which will be held from Thursday, April 12 to Saturday, April 14, from 11am to 6pm. First Conference Hall, DBS House, near Cathedral School, Fort. Tel: 4077 9100.
• Fashion company Grand Trunk Rd will host a trunk show of Pakistani designers from Lahore and Karachi (including Sania Maskatiya who designed filmmaker Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy’s Oscar outfit) from Friday, April 13 to Sunday, April 15, from 11am to 7.30pm, at Anemos in Raghuvanshi Mills. The formal embroidered wear will range in price from Rs25,000 to Rs85,000. Krishna House, Second floor, Raghuvanshi Mills, Lower Parel. Tel: 98201 47180.
• Event management company Red Om Entertainment will organise a souk at Juhu-based restaurant Opa, on Sunday, April 15, from noon to midnight. The day-long exhibition will feature clothing and fashion accessories by emerging designers. You will find handmade necklaces, tunics, bridal clothing, costume jewellery, kurtis, clutches, handbags, and cocktail dresses on sale. Opa, Royal Garden Hotel, Ground Floor, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu. Tel: 6769 9999.
• Quiksilver, the American sports equipment and apparel brand, has launched a Boardriders store at Phoenix Market City in Kurla. The store stocks skateboards, longboards, soft boards and surf boards in addition to clothing such as board shorts, shirts, T-shirts, tunics and swimwear. Phoenix Market City, Ground Floor, LBS Marg, Kurla. Tel: 6180 1393.
• Mumbai-based hair and make-up stylist Lekha Shah has launched a spa and salon in Khar called The Cut Collective. The spa menu includes foot reflexology treatments, body wraps, aromatic massages, and deep tissue cleansing. They also offer beauty treatments such as manicures and pedicures and spa treatments for different hair types. The Cut Collective, Plot No.500, Sant Kutir Building, next to the Levi’s Showroom, opposite the Khar Telephone Exchange, Linking Road, Khar. Tel: 2646 5000.
• Extra Mile Cafe, a company that organises workshops on personal grooming, photography, creative writing and styling, is holding one on styling your home on Thursday, April 12 and Sunday, April 15 at Good Earth in Lower Parel. During the session, interior designer Deepika Singh will talk about styling a home within a fixed budget and with limited time on hand. The session, which will be held from 3pm to 6pm on Thursday, and from 10am to 1pm on Sunday, is priced at Rs1,500 per person. Good Earth, Raghuvanshi Mills, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel. Tel: 2495 1954. To register, call Pooja Bajaj on 98203 08784.
You Might Also Like...
- Everything You Wanted To Know About The Red Bull Tour Bus But Didn’t Know Whom To Ask
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!