Australia’s Di Bella Coffee Has Launched In Mumbai
• Koh, the fine dining Thai restaurant at the InterContinental Marine Drive, has launched a set lunch. The three-course quick lunch option comprises an amuse bouche, an appetiser and a main course. The four-course lunch comprises soup, an appetiser, a main course and dessert with green tea or jasmine tea. Your choices include papaya salad; green Thai curry; laksa curry noodles; crispy lotus stem; organic brown rice; and a sashimi platter. The quick lunch is priced at Rs850 per person (excluding taxes) and the relaxed lunch at Rs1,245 per person (excluding taxes). Intercontinental Marine Drive, 135 Marine Drive. Tel: 3987 9999.
• Celini, the Italian restaurant at the Grand Hyatt, will host a two-day Melbourne food and wine festival from Wednesday, February 22 to Friday, February 24. The visiting Australian chef will serve smoked pomfret salad with rice; sugarcane prawns with sweet chilli sauce; scallops with pearl tapioca and salmon caviar; pork belly with Vietnamese slaw; coconut panna cotta with tapioca; and chocolate shortcake. Grand Hyatt, off the Western Express Highway, Santa Cruz (East). Tel: 6676 1234.
• Khandani Rajdhani, the vegetarian Rajasthani thali restaurant, is hosting a food festival until Wednesday, February 29. They will serve dal bati churma; papad ki subzi; Jaipuri mewa pulao; khoba roti; missi roti; malpua and sevaiya kheer. See here for locations.
• Di Bella Coffee, an Australian coffee manufacturing company, has opened a chain of coffee shops in Mumbai, in Bandra West, Bandra Kurla Complex and Shivaji Park. They serve the Di Bella brand of coffees in the form of cafe lattes; affogatos; cappuccinos, espressos, and cafe mochas. They also serve hot chocolate in flavours such as mint, coconut, and Danish toffee. The food menu includes salads, sandwiches, muffins, croissants and cookies. See here for locations.
• Sveda, a new fine dining Indian restaurant, has opened in Andheri. The restaurant serves Mughlai and Peshawari specialities such as gaajar and adrak shorba; rajma saagwala; dahi ke kebab; Amritsari seekh; galouti kebab; tandoori pomfret; kakori kebab and dum biryani. Daily, from noon to 3pm and 7pm to 11.45pm. Sagar Tech Plaza Complex, Saki Naka junction, Andheri (East). Tel: 6177 1010.
• On Saturday, February 25, Bonobo, the lounge and restaurant in Bandra, will host a wine appreciation session by All Things Nice and Godrej Nature’s Basket. It will include a tasting of seven wines, from India, South Africa and France. The wines will be served along with a selection of cheeses. From 6pm to 8pm. The session is priced at Rs1,299 per person. Kenilworth Mall, Phase 2, off Linking Road, same building as KFC, Bandra (West). Tel: 2605 5050.
• Rémy Cointreau, the French spirits and champagne manufacturer, has launched the Mount Gay rum collection in India. The 1703 Old Cask Selection; Extra Old; Eclipse Silver; and Eclipse are available at Bungalow 9, Indigo, Tote on the Turf, Olive Bar & Kitchen and InterContinental Marine Drive.
• Silver Beach Cafe, the all-day restaurant in Juhu, is now serving Sunday brunch. The menu includes eggs, soups, salads, sandwiches, pizzas and grilled meats. The brunch is priced at Rs1,200 per person (excluding taxes) and includes unlimited sangria. Jaldarshan Building, near the Hare Rama Hare Krishna Temple, Gandhi Gram Road, Juhu. Tel: 2620 8930.
• The Elbo Room restaurant and lounge in Bandra has introduced a multi-cuisine Sunday brunch. You can choose from eggs; waffles; kheema pao; chicken wings; jacket potatoes; beef burger; and chicken pasta in cheese sauce. The brunch menu will be served from noon to 1am. Plot No. 500, Sant Kutir Apartments, off Linking Road, behind the Levi’s showroom, Bandra (West). Tel: 2648 3316.Tags: All Things Nice, Bonobo, Celini, Di Bella Coffee, Godrej Nature's Basket, Grand Hyatt, Intercontinental Marine Drive, KOH, Mount Gay, Restaurants, Silver Beach Cafe, Sveda, The Elbo Room