No Power Cuts This Summer
• Power Supply. Power distributors have said Mumbai’s 43 lakh power consumers will experience uninterrupted power supply this summer, at no additional cost. All four firms—Reliance Infrastructure, BEST, Tata Power and Mahavitaran—have already made the necessary arrangements in anticipation of rising demand and signed contracts to purchase electricity at lower rates than last year. [Hindustan Times]
• Heat Wave. Temperatures soared to 35 degrees Celsius yesterday, making it the highest temperature of the year recorded so far. Despite rising heat levels, the weather bureau says winter has not ended yet, with about nine more days left to go. You can expect day-time temperatures to rise further in the next two days. [The Times of India]
• Mass Resignation. 50 pilots have resigned from beleaguered airline Kingfisher in the last one week, taking the total tally of pilots who have quit up to more than 300. The carrier cancelled more than half of its flights on Monday, and currently operates just 16 planes of its total fleet of 64. [Economic Times]Tags: BEST, Business, Kingfisher Airlines
You Might Also Like...
- Everything You Wanted To Know About The Red Bull Tour Bus But Didn’t Know Whom To Ask
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!