Ice Cream Works Has Opened In Chowpatty
WINE AND BEER TASTINGS
• Sample wines from Italy, France, Spain, Chile, Australia and India (Valle di Vin, Vinsura Vineyards, Nine Hills) at the Kala Ghoda Wine Festival on Saturday, February 11 and Sunday, February 12. Both days of the festival, which has been organised by Mumbai-based hospitality company Hiraco CCS, will feature talks on different types of wine, popular grape varietals, and wine appreciation. A selection of finger foods will be catered by Gourmet West, the food division of department store Westside. Passes are priced at Rs450 per person (excluding taxes) and entitle you to unlimited wine and cheese tastings. The cost of food is not included in the pass. You can purchase passes at the venue and from mumbaiwinefest.in. From noon to 10.30pm. First Floor, Joss, Rampart Row, 30 K. Dubash Marg, Kala Ghoda. Tel: 6635 6908/6522 2244.
• On Friday, February 10, Woodside in Andheri will host a beer tasting session along with All Things Nice, a company that organises wine dinners across the city. You can taste five imported beers, namely Asahi from Japan, Brooklyn Lager from the US, Erdinger from Germany, the UK’s London Pride, and Murphy’s from Ireland. The session, which will also include a talk on the history of beer, types and styles of beer, and the process of beer making, is priced at Rs995 per person. The registration fee gets you a mug of each beer and finger foods such as sliders, beer-battered onion rings, and charred tomato and zucchini mousse. From 7.30pm to 9.30pm. New Link Plaza, Oshiwara Link Road, next to Oshiwara Police Station, Andheri (West). Tel: 2632 8963/2633 6549.
• Ice Cream Works, the Cream Centre-owned ice cream salon in Shivaji Park, opened in place of Gelato Italiano in Chowpatty on Wednesday, February 8. In addition to over 20 flavours of ice cream, their all-vegetarian menu offers pizzas, pastas, sandwiches, nachos, chaat and kathi rolls, catered by Cream Centre. Daily, from 10am to 12.30am. Glamour Ice Cream, near Cafe Coffee Day, Chowpatty. Tel: 2362 0104/2369 0104.
• Tangerine, the multi-cuisine restaurant at The Mirador hotel in Andheri, is hosting an Awadhi food festival. They’re serving khatte aloo; Awadhi kadhi; dal bukhara; nihari gosht; jhinga dum masala; ulta tawa paratha; dum gosht biryani; khubani ka meetha; and shahi tukda. Until Friday, February 17. The Mirador, 131/B, New Link Road, Chakala, Andheri (East). Tel: 4248 5000.
• Shamiana, the all-day restaurant at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, will host a Belgian food festival from Friday, February 10 to Friday, February 17. The restaurant will host two chefs from Belgium who will serve a menu with specialities like eel in green sauce; mussels in geuze beer; artichoke soup with Belgian caviar; and baked lettuce with breadcrumbs. Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Apollo Bunder. Tel: 6665 3366.
• Starting today, Fenix, the all-day restaurant at The Oberoi, will host a souffle promotion. They will serve both sweet and savoury souffles such as Scottish salmon, tomato and dill souffle with vermouth cream sauce; ossobuco souffle with roasted bell peppers; Gorgonzola gnocchi and sweet basil souffle; coffee almond fudge souffle with mocha creme; Grand Marnier and blood orange souffle with butterscotch sauce; and caramelised hazelnut gianduja souffle with Kashmiri vanilla bean sauce. Until Sunday, February 19. Lobby Level, The Oberoi, Nariman Point. Tel: 6632 6205.
• The Elbo Room, a restaurant and lounge in Bandra, is serving a new range of cocktails through this month. These include peach daiquiri; bellinitini (champagne, vodka and peach juice); champagne dream martini (Cointreau, champagne, fresh orange and pomegranate juice); and strawberry kiss (Jack Daniels, strawberry crush, fresh strawberries and cream). Until Wednesday, February 29. Plot No.500, Sant Kutir Apartments, off Linking Road, behind the Levi’s showroom, Bandra (West). Tel: 2648 3316.Tags: All Things Nice, Fenix, Ice Cream Works, Kala Ghoda Wine Festival, Mirador Hotel, Restaurants, Shamiana, Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, The Elbo Room, The Oberoi, Woodside