New Menus at Café Prato and Mezzo Mezzo
• From Friday, June 3, thali restaurant Rajdhani will host a Kathiyawadi food
festival. They will serve Gujarati specialities such as undhiyu, masala khichdi, bajri rotla and chokha ni kheer (a rice and milk dessert). Until Sunday, June 12. See here for locations.
• Café Prato, the all-day restaurant at the Four Seasons Hotel, has introduced a new menu of salads, sandwiches, pizzas, pastas and kathi rolls. It includes smoked salmon brioche with herb mascarpone and arugula; gorgonzola penne with candied nuts; grilled yellow fin tuna and sauteed calamari with smoked eggplant; and tangy prawn chettinad roll. The restaurant also serves a full Indian and Continental breakfast. Four Seasons Hotel, Dr. E. Moses Road, Worli. To make a reservation, call 2481 8222.
• For the latest edition of its World Food Fridays promotions, which will be held this Friday, June 3, Palladium mall has tied up with Cool Chef Cafe and Sushi and More. Shoppers at the mall can pick up bao buns (mushroom, spicy vegetable, and zucchini and eggplant are the varieties on offer), paneer and vegetable shumai, and potato and paneer satays from the Cool Chef Cafe stall. For sushi, head to the Sushi and More stall that will be selling asparagus and cheese rolls, cucumber rolls and California rolls along with Kikkoman soy sauce, instant miso soup and wasabi paste. Lobby, Palladium, Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel.
• The Tasty Tangles, the south-east Asian restaurant in Khar, has a new menu. New dishes include black-pepper chicken wings, spicy, lemon-grass paneer cakes, lettuce cups with Shiitake mushrooms, steamed basa, fried paneer with basil, and chocolate and five-spice brownie. Pinnacle House, Level 1, PD Hinduja Marg, off Linking Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 6709 4444.
• As part of its ongoing Eco Fest, Mocha Mojo will serve a special organic menu of garlic and broccoli pasta, watermelon and feta salad, egg salad in herb panini, bread pudding and ginger lemonade. Until Tuesday, June 7. Classic Corner building, near Holy Family Hospital, Hill Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 2642 1484.
• Starting Saturday, June 4, Ming Yang, the Chinese restaurant at Taj Lands End, will host a dragon boat festival. The menu will include white pumpkin soup, seafood soup, Singaporean prawn satay, Peking lamb, pork chops in black pepper sauce, salmon in chilli plum sauce, kung pao lobster, spicy pineapple chicken, and mango pudding. Taj Lands End, Bandstand, Bandra (West). Tel: 6668 1234.
• Mezzo Mezzo, the Italian restaurant at JW Marriott has a new menu of dishes authentic to the regions of Tuscany, Le Marche and Romagna. They include tenderloin with arugula, parmesan shavings and white truffle mayonnaise; baked semolina gnocchi with mozzarella and basil; pan fried tenderloin with truffle mashed potatoes and red wine sauce; tiramisu; and vanilla soup with coconut and chocolate and lemon cream. J. W. Marriott, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu. Tel: 6693 3344.
• Society, the Continental restaurant at The Ambassador, has launched a new menu. It includes cheese cigarillos, paneer and chicken tokri, cheese and chicken fondue, spaghetti rustica, prawns picante, tiramisu, walnut brownie and apple pie. Veer Nariman Road, Churchgate. Tel: 2204 1131.Tags: Cafe Prato, Escobar, Food scoops, Four Seasons Hotel, Ming Yang, Mocha Mojo, Palladium, Rajdhani, Restaurants, Society, Taj Lands End, The Ambassador, The Tasty Tangles