Valentine donuts at MOD.
• On Valentine’s Day, Monday, February 14, pan-Asian restaurant The Tasty Tangles is offering meals for two priced at Rs1,200 (excluding taxes). Couples will get to pick two items each from the appetisers, soups, main courses and desserts sections of the menu. Pinnacle House, Level 1, P. D. Hinduja Marg, off Linking Road, same lane as Citywalk, Bandra (West). Tel: 6709 4444.
• From Friday, February 11 until Monday, February 14, Italian restaurant Cafe Mangii will serve a five-course set menu for couples. The options include chilled cantaloupe soup, Waldorf salad, smoked tuna carpaccio, moussaka, New Zealand lamb chops and chocolate fondue. The menu is priced at Rs5,000 per couple, which includes two glasses of Moet & Chandon rosé. Off Linking Road, near Citywalk, Bandra (West). Tel: 2649 8100.
• Escobar, the rooftop lounge in Bandra, is offering customised dinners for couples on Valentine’s Day. The executive chef will design a four or seven-course menu of your choice priced at Rs5,000 and Rs7,000 respectively. However, the order for the customised menu has to be placed by Friday, February 11. On Monday, February 14, Escobar will also serve a set menu that will include Hennessy spiked shrimp, sweet corn and musk melon soup, seafood steak and an almond and raisin tart. The set menu, which is served with a bottle of Moet & Chandon champagne, is priced at Rs7,000 per couple. 199 V. N. Sphere Mall, Fourth Floor, Linking Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 4276 0000.
• Opium Den at The Oberoi has launched a range of Valentine’s Day inspired cocktails, including Debonair (Jack Daniels with creme de menthe and vanilla ice-cream), Bananas Over You (gin and Grand Marnier with pineapple juice), Cherubic (sparkling wine with vodka and fruit marmalade) and Twilight Ecstasy (vodka with chocolate and coffee ice-cream). The cocktails, priced at Rs650 each, will be available until Monday, February 28. The Oberoi, Nariman Point. Tel: 6632 6320.
• Mad Over Donuts has introduced six new heart-shaped donuts to celebrate Valentine’s Day. The donuts, which come in flavours such as orange, raspberry, strawberry, coffee and dark chocolate, are priced at Rs45 each and Rs225 for a box of six. At outlets across the city. See here for locations.
• On Monday, February 14, Bandra wine bar The Den will serve a three-course set menu that will include gnocchi, bacon wrapped prawns, rawas in lemon butter sauce, and roasted mushrooms. The meal, which will be served with a bottle of imported wine, is priced at Rs2,000 per couple. Shop No. 3/4, Prabhat Kunj, 24th Road Bandra (West). Tel: 2648 3136.
• South-East Asian restaurant Busaba is serving a special Valentine’s Day menu. Guests get a choice of two starters, two soups, two mains and two desserts. The options include popcorn shrimp, tom yum chicken soup, Indonesian laksa, stir fried shiitake mushrooms, lamb in black bean sauce, Vietnamese sizzling vegetables, khousey, lemon tart and chocolate mousse. The meal, which includes a bottle of sparkling wine, is priced at Rs1,750 per couple (excluding taxes). 4 Mandlik Road, near Indigo, Colaba. Tel: 2204 3769. Mathuradas Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Lower Parel. Tel: 6747 8971.Tags: Busaba, Cafe Mangii, Escobar, Food scoops, Mad Over Donuts, Opium Den, The Den, The Oberoi, The Tasty Tangles