Sales At Diesel and Strand Book Stall
A Payal Luthra scarf.
• From Friday, January 21, Diesel will have its mega year end sale in stores across the city. They will offer up to 50 per cent off on all accessories and apparel including denims. The Diesel Stupid Orgy will continue until Monday, February 21. Palladium, High Street Phoenix. Tel: 2493 2729; Western Wind Building, Juhu Tara Road, opposite Maneckji Cooper School, Santacruz (West). Tel: 2661 8282.
• Starting Friday, January 21, Italian fashion brand Marc Cain will be on sale. All merchandise, including Marc Cain’s signature coordinated outfits, will be up to 60 per cent off at the store’s Bandra outpost. Until Saturday, February 5. Corner View, 15-33 Cross Road, near Mini Punjab, Bandra (West). Tel: 3267 5862.
• Mitali Parekh of shopping blog Swasta Ani Masta will hold a garage sale on Sunday, February 6. You can either give away clothes, books, shoes, accessories, musical instruments and other knick knacks to Parekh (registration fee is Rs300) or just show up for the sale as a buyer. Prices range from Rs20 for a piece of jewellery or a book to Rs999 for a dress or a pair of shoes. Annapurna Building No.7, Sector 3 Hiranandani Gardens, lane opposite Godrej Nature’s Basket, Powai. To contribute contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Strand Book Stall’s hugely popular annual sale at the Sunderbai Hall in Churchgate starts today. They’re offering up to 80 per cent off on all titles. The sale will be on seven days a week including Republic Day, which is on Wednesday, January 26. Until Sunday, February 6, 10am to 8pm. Sunderbai Hall, near Churchgate Station, behind the Income Tax Office. Tel: 2266 1994.
• The Crossword sale starts on Friday, January 21. They’re offering up to 80 per off at branches across the city. Until Monday, Feb 14. Click here for locations.
• Ensemble has introduced limited edition “eco chic” collections by Anupama Dayal, James Ferreira, Lecoanet Hemant, Nitin Bal Chauhan, Rahul Mishra, Wendell Rodricks and Jason and Anshu, among others. Part of the proceeds from the sale will go to the Women Weave association, an NGO dedicated to empowering the lives of women in rural India and to supporting the growth of organic handloom fabrics. Great Western Building, 130/132 Shahid Bhagat Singh Road, opposite Lion Gate. Tel: 2284 3227.
• Bombay Electric is playing host to Payal Luthra, a New York- and Delhi-based cashmere accessories designer, who has launched her debut collection of scarves at the store. Luthra makes tassel-decorated cowl neck scarves, button chain neckwarmers and tailored colours in neutral colours. She uses Mongolian cashmere, spun and woven in north India. Bombay Electric, 1 Reay House, Best Marg, Colaba. Tel: 2287 6276.Tags: Bombay Electric, Crossword, Diesel, Ensemble, Fashion, Marc Cain, Mitali Parekh, Payal Luthra, Sales, Shopping Scoops, Strand Book Stall, Swasta Ani Masta