Recipe: Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
We ask the city’s home chefs, bartenders, food bloggers and gourmands to share their favourite recipes. This week, Pooja Dhingra of Le15 Patisserie tells us how to bake her double chocolate chip cookies.
INGREDIENTS (MAKES 24 COOKIES)
180 grams dark chocolate
50 grams butter
50 grams plain flour
1/4th teaspoon baking powder
250 grams caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
100 grams milk chocolate chunks
• Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
• Melt the dark chocolate and butter together. Allow it to cool.
• Sift the baking powder and flour together.
• In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence until thick and pale.
• Stir the melted chocolate into the eggs and sugar, followed by the flour and milk chocolate chunks.
• Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto the baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
• Let it cool before you transfer to a container.
You Might Also Like...
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Coast Guards: The Raos’ ‘Amchi’ Culinary Heritage
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!