The Vigil Idiot: Zanjeer
Zanjeer is a remake of the 1973 Amitabh Bachchan classic, and is directed by Apoorva Lakhia. It stars Chiranjeevi’s son Ram Charan (as the iconic ACP Vijay Khanna) and Priyanka Chopra (as Mala) in a role where her intro is to a song that goes “Pinky hai paisewalon ki”. Priyanka Chopra, you might also remember, is an actress who’s gone on record to say that she’ll never do raunchy numbers. This film has opened to a spate of zero-star reviews and I hate to say that I concur. Clearly, the filmmakers are oblivious – how else would you describe someone who makes a film this bad and still ends it with a set-up to a sequel?
Sahil Rizwan is a 25-year-old freelance writer and creator of The Vigil Idiot. When he’s not busy doing everything in his power to avoid taking up a 9-to-5 desk job, you can probably find him curled up in front of a TV or his laptop. You can follow him on Twitter and Facebook.Tags: Apoorva Lakhia, Bollywood, Film, Priyanka Chopra, Ram Charan, The Vigil Idiot, Zanjeer
You Might Also Like...
- Everything You Wanted To Know About The Red Bull Tour Bus But Didn’t Know Whom To Ask
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!