The Vigil Idiot: Ramaiya Vastavaiya
This film, starring the producer Kumar Taurani’s son Girish Kumar (as hep dude Ram) and Shruti Haasan (as love interest Sona), is a remake of director Prabhu Deva’s own Telugu blockbuster Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana. Now, I can give the benefit of the doubt to a new director trying to remake a South Indian movie in Hindi and screwing up. But you’d think that the same guy making a movie twice would have learned some lessons from his first go-around, right? Well, if this film is anything to go by, you’d be wrong.
Sahil Rizwan is a 25-year-old freelance writer and creator of The Vigil Idiot. When he’s not busy doing everything in his power to avoid taking up a 9-to-5 desk job, you can probably find him curled up in front of a TV or his laptop. You can follow him on Twitter and Facebook.Tags: Bollywood, Film, Girish Kumar, Kumar Taurani, Prabhudeva, Shruti Haasan, The Vigil Idiot
You Might Also Like...
- Everything You Wanted To Know About The Red Bull Tour Bus But Didn’t Know Whom To Ask
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!