The Vigil Idiot: Aashiqui 2
Director Mohit Suri’s Aashiqui 2 is as much a sequel to the 1990 blockbuster as the IPL is a valid substitute for the people who miss Test cricket. Then again, it’s no surprise that this film, about a full-on alcoholic rock star (Aditya Roy Kapur) and his groupie girlfriend (Shraddha Kapoor), has nothing to do with its supposed predecessor. Especially when you consider the fact that it comes from the same people who gave you Jism 2, Raaz 3, and Murder 3, all movies that barely belong to the same genre as their prequels, let alone have any common characters or plot lines. Having said that, there is one thing that ties them together – they’re all pretty darn awful.
Sahil Rizwan is a 25-year-old freelance writer and creator of The Vigil Idiot. When he’s not busy doing everything in his power to avoid taking up a 9-to-5 desk job, you can probably find him curled up in front of a TV or his laptop. You can follow him on Twitter and Facebook.Tags: Aashiqui 2, Aditya Roy Kapur, Bollywood, Film, Mohit Suri, Shraddha Kapoor, The Vigil Idiot
You Might Also Like...
- Everything You Wanted To Know About The Red Bull Tour Bus But Didn’t Know Whom To Ask
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!