The Vigil Idiot: Himmatwala
It takes a special man to take an already bad movie, add his own insane twists, and somehow make it worse than the film that came out from the worst decade Bollywood has ever seen. But even I wouldn’t have pegged Sajid Khan to be that man. Sure, he has a worse sense of humour than a ten-year-old schoolboy, but even he’d have better sense than to remake a film like this without trying to spoof it, right? Well, “A Sajid Khan Entertainer” is what his reinterpretation of 1980s flick Himmatwala proudly claims to be as the end credits roll. And, lemme tell ya, if directors being horrifyingly faithful to outdated and regressive scripts is your idea of entertainment, this film – starring Ajay Devgn as the titular Himmatwala aka Ravi – delivers all guns blazing.
Sahil Rizwan is a 25-year-old freelance writer and creator of The Vigil Idiot. When he’s not busy doing everything in his power to avoid taking up a 9-to-5 desk job, you can probably find him curled up in front of a TV or his laptop. You can follow him on Twitter and Facebook.Tags: Ajay Devgn, Bollywood, Film, Himmatwala, Mahesh Manjrekar, Paresh Rawal, Sajid Khan, Tamannah, The Vigil Idiot
You Might Also Like...
- Everything You Wanted To Know About The Red Bull Tour Bus But Didn’t Know Whom To Ask
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!