Get Rs99 Breakfast At Mocha
• The Baker’s Dozen, which was launched as a bread delivery service in January, now has a retail store in Prabhadevi. Their menu includes sourdoughs like pain aux cereal; and pain aux levain with blueberries and cranberries; as well as four grain German bread; brioche; focaccia; and pain de complet (regular wheat bread). Daily, from 8.30am to 7pm. No.9, Jayant Apartments, Appasaheb Marathe Marg, near Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Prabhadevi. Tel: 022 6743 1313.
• The Rolling Pin, a new baked goods kiosk, has opened at the R City Mall in Ghatkopar. They sell pastries, breads, croissants, doughnuts, and cakes. The menu includes cheese, onion and garlic plait; chocolate brioche; spinach and corn puff; pain au chocolat; cheese and garlic bun; baked strawberry cheesecake; red velvet cake; and caramel nougat pastry. Daily, from 11am to 11pm. Ground Floor, R City Mall, Ghatkopar (West). Tel: 022 6642 8444.
• Cafe By The Beach, the all-day restaurant in Girgaum Chowpatty, has shuttered.
• Shockk, the recently-opened restaurant and lounge in Bandra, has launched an unlimited lunch buffet. The spread will comprise four salads, appetisers, and mains, and three desserts. From Monday to Friday, the buffet is priced at Rs299 per person and on Saturday and Sunday, at Rs499 per person (prices are inclusive of taxes). Fifth Floor, Crystal Shoppers Paradise, 33rd Road, off Linking Road, near Croma, Bandra (West). Tel: 022 2648 8566.
• The Mocha chain of coffee shops has launched a new breakfast deal. A meal comprising a juice or smoothie or cappuccino or green tea and waffles or pancakes or eggs to order or a bowl of fruit, is priced at Rs99 (excluding taxes). Daily, from 10am to 12.30pm. See here for locations.
• Shiro, the South-East Asian restaurant and lounge in Lower Parel, will serve set lunches from Monday to Saturday, from 12.30pm to 3.30pm. You can choose from Thai BBQ chicken; fish with hoisin and Thai chilli sauce; chicken hot pot; tofu in chilli peanut sauce; stir-fried basil fish; spicy mushrooms; chocolate sushi; and coconut pecan tart. The four-course meal is priced at Rs650 per person and the three-course meal at Rs550 per person (prices are exclusive of taxes). Bombay Dyeing Mills Compound, Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Worli. Tel: 022 6615 5980.
• Bagelwala in Bandra has introduced a student combo, made up of a cream cheese bagel and a coffee. The combo is priced at Rs99 per person. Students (with IDs) can also avail of a 10 per cent discount on the entire menu. Crowne Palace, near Queens Market, behind Tawa Restaurant, Turner Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 022 3378 9960.
• Serafina, the Italian restaurant in Lower Parel, has introduced a four-course set lunch, made up of a choice of salad, appetiser, pizza, and pasta or entree. The menu includes bruschetta; arugula and parmesan salad with fig vinaigrette; avocado and baby shrimp salad in a champagne mustard sauce; pizza marinara; margherita pizza; chicken sliders with Swiss cheese and caramelised onions; penne arrabiata; rigatoni Bolognese; and spaghetti with squash and pine nuts. The meal is priced at Rs750 per person (excluding taxes). Offered from Monday to Thursday, from noon to 4pm. Palladium Mall, Level 3, High Street Phoenix, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel. Tel: 022 4023 7711.
• The Barking Deer, the all-day restaurant in Lower Parel, will host a St. Patrick’s Day brunch on Sunday, March 17. The buffet will feature over 20 dishes including skinny Irish stew; shepherd’s pie; Irish cheddar and stout fondue; and celery and scallop soup. There will also be a pasta counter and a meat carving station. The meal with alcohol is priced at Rs2,200 per person and without alcohol at Rs1,600 per person (prices are exclusive of taxes). Mathuradas Mills Compound, opposite Blue Frog, next to Busaba, Lower Parel. To reserve a table, call 022 6141 7400.