Starbucks Opens Outlets At The Taj, Oberoi Mall
• A week after the launch of their flagship store in Fort, Tata and Starbucks have opened two more outlets, one in Colaba at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel and the other in Goregaon at the Oberoi Mall. Ground Floor, Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, opposite Hotel Diplomat, Apollo Bunder. Monday to Thursday, from 7am to 11pm and Friday to Sunday, from 7am to 1am. Ground Floor, Oberoi Mall, off the Western Express Highway, Goregaon (East). Monday to Friday, from 10am to 10pm and Saturday and Sunday, from 10am to 11pm.
• Worli-based caterer Yakuta Sarkari’s Cold Food Company is offering Diwali hampers with a mix of wine, bakery items like cookies, biscuits and lavash, and a selection of CFC products such as dips, marinades, pâtés and salad dressings. The Classic, Lite, and Supreme hampers are priced at Rs2,500, Rs3,500 and Rs5,400 respectively. Orders have to be placed a week in advance. To place an order, call 98205 36252.
• Gourmet West, the food division at the Kala Ghoda outpost of Westside, is now selling Diwali hampers laden with assorted treats like organic honey, sour cherry drops, handmade chocolates, wine, chips, mixed nuts, and imported cheeses. Prices ranges from Rs500 to Rs2,100. Westside, Army and Navy Building, 148 M.G. Road, Kala Ghoda. Tel: 022 6636 0499.
• Artisan, the patisserie at the Sofitel in Bandra Kurla Complex, is selling Diwali hampers filled with diyas, chocolates, wines, scented candles, cooking oils, cookies, mithais and other treats. Prices, which are exclusive of taxes, range from Rs1,800 to Rs22,000. Sofitel, C-57, opposite Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East). Tel: 022 6117 5000.
• Two One Two Bar and Grill and Educo, an NGO that works with underprivileged children, will host a charity dinner on Monday, October 29, all the proceeds from which will be utilised by Educo for funding a school for underprivileged kids in Lalbaug in Parel. The five-course meal, priced at Rs3,000 per person, is made up of a soup, salad, appetiser, main course, and dessert. Your choices include wild mushroom cappuccino; cappuccino of fennel with scallops and truffle oil; baked Camembert with a multi-grain baguette; cumin and sesame marinated chicken skewers; vegetable risotto; vegetable lasagne; pan-seared basa with crab; tenderloin steak; and tiramisu. Two One Two Bar and Grill, 12-A, Hornby Vallard Estate, opposite Nehru Centre, next to the BMW showroom, Worli. To make a reservation, call 022 2490 1994, or email email@example.com.
• To celebrate its 40th anniversary on Saturday, October 27, Shamiana, the all-day restaurant at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, will serve a special menu of the restaurant’s signature dishes through four decades. These include the Cambay prawn burger; omelette sandwich; spaghetti Burmese; pav bhaji; and apple strudel. Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Apollo Bunder. Tel: 022 6665 3366.
• Until Wednesday, October 31, Out of the Blue, the Continental restaurant in Khar and Powai, will serve a special beer menu that features Amstel (Amsterdam), Peroni (Italy), Murphy’s Stout (Ireland), Brooklyn Lager (America), and Weihenstephaner (Germany). Le Sutra, 14, Union Park, near Olive Bar & Kitchen, Khar (West). Tel: 022 2600 3000. Also at Level 1, Haiko Mall, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai. Tel: 022 2517 344.Tags: Artisan, Cold Food Company, Educo, Gourmet West, Oberoi Mall, Out of the Blue, Restaurants, Shamiana, Sofitel, Starbucks, Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Two One Two Bar and Grill, Yakuta Sarkari