A Round-Up Of Navroze Celebrations
• To celebrate Parsi new year, on Saturday, August 18, Joss Catering Services will offer a take-away lunch comprising achar, saria (sago wafers), rotli, patra ni machhi; salli chicken; mutton pulao with dal; and blueberry cheesecake. The meal is priced at Rs900 per person and can be collected between noon and 5pm. 286, Engineer Building, next to Hitkari House, Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg, Fort. Tel: 022 6635 6908.
• On Saturday, August 18, Cafe At The NCPA will host a Parsi buffet from 8pm onwards. The spread will feature achar, saria, rotli, patra ni machhi; jardaloo salli chicken; kid gosht; leg of ham; chicken cocktail pulao with dal; assorted berry mille-feuille; and frozen Gianduja chocolate with liquer sabayon. The buffet is priced at Rs1,250 (excluding taxes) per person. Gate No.2, National Centre For The Performing Arts, next to Amadeus, Nariman Point. Tel: 022 2282 1212.
• Jimmy Boy, the Fort-based Parsi restaurant, will offer special take-away meals on Saturday, August 18 and Sunday, August 19. The non-vegetarian bhonu, priced at Rs1,000 per person, will contain a choice between patra ni machhi and saas ni machhi; between salli chicken and salli gosht; and between chicken pulao with dal and mutton pulao with dal. The vegetarian bhonu, priced at Rs450 per person, will comprise cashew vegetable, vegetable stew, and vegetable pulao with dal. Vikas Building, 11 Bank Street, opposite State Bank of India, off Horniman Circle, Fort. Tel: 022 2270 0880.
• From Saturday, August 18, until Friday, August 24, Jumjoji, the Parsi restaurant in Bandra, will serve daily specials. On Saturday, August 18 and Sunday, August 19, they will offer prawn patio; mora dal chawal; and veg patio, in addition to the a la carte menu. Shop No.4, Ankleshwar Building, ONGC Colony, near Lilavati Hospital, Bandra Reclamation, Bandra (West). Tel: 022 2651 6156.
• On Saturday, August 18, in addition to the Parsi preparations on its a la carte menu, Ideal Corner at Fort will serve chicken pulao with dal; jardaloo gosht; patra ni machhi; chicken farcha; and egg pattice with chutney. 12 F/G, Hornby View, Gunbow Street, Fort. Tel: 022 2262 1930.
• Cafe Military, the Parsi cafe in Fort, will serve prawn patio; dhan dar patio; kathi chicken; and khara papeta on Saturday, August 18. Behind Bombay Stock Exchange, opposite HSBC Bank, Horniman Circle, Fort. Tel: 022 2265 4181.
• Taste Test: Parsi Cafes