Yauatcha Is Serving High Tea
• Yauatcha, the tea house and dim sum restaurant in BKC, has launched a high tea menu, which will be served daily between 4pm and 7pm. The menu comprises a basket of dim sum (you get a choice between vegetarian and non-vegetarian dim sum), a choice of tea, and a selection of three macaroons. The choice of dim sum includes truffle edamame dumplings; har gau; pumpkin and pine nut dumplings; chicken and prawn shu mai; and chicken char siu bao. The tea selection includes green, blue, jasmine, orchid and Assam teas and Kashmiri kahwa. The menu is priced at Rs850 per person (excluding taxes). Raheja Tower, Bandra Kurla Complex, near the IL&FS Building, Bandra (East). Tel: 2644 8888.
• Hakkasan, the fine dining Chinese restaurant in Bandra, has introduced a special weekend lunch menu. The set meal comprises an appetiser, a main, a rice or noodle dish and dessert. You can choose from har gau; grilled Shanghai dumplings; edamame dumplings; Thai-style crispy chicken; steamed rawas in chilli sauce; crispy aubergine and okra; spring onion and egg fried rice; Hakka noodles; chocolate mousse granita; and mango truffle. The menu with unlimited alcohol is priced at Rs2,500 per person (excluding taxes) and at Rs1,800 per person (excluding taxes) without alcohol. Krystal, Waterfield Road, same building as ICICI Bank, Bandra (West). Tel: 2644 4444.
• Vong Wong, the Chinese restaurant at Nariman Point, has a new menu. They now offer peppercorn lobster; braised duck; mapo tofu with pork; roasted pork puff; crab shu mai; miso chicken; and chicken lettuce wrap. They’ve retained a few signature Vong Wong dishes including BBQ spare ribs; steamed Chilean sea bass wrapped in banana leaf; wasabi vegetables; and apple and raw mango salad. First Floor, Express Towers, Ramnath Goenka Marg, Nariman Point. Tel: 2287 5633.
• On Wednesday, July 25, Vinoteca, Sula’s wine bar in Worli, will host the next edition of Wine Wednesday, an event that was started by Aneesh Bhasin, the co-founder of the Indian Wine List, an Indian wine and food pairing application for smartphones. The monthly event sees a group of wine enthusiasts gathering to drink and discuss Indian and imported wines. Those who attend this week’s edition will get to try two Indian and four imported wines. Vinoteca will serve a selection of tapas with the wines. The event is priced at Rs1,295 per person. From 7.30pm to 9pm. Ground Floor, Sunville Building, Dr. Annie Besant Road, Worli. Tel: 4004 6234. To reserve a seat, call 98924 33300.
• Sanctum, the lifestyle store in Khar, will host a baking workshop on Saturday, July 28, from 10.30am to 1.30pm. The workshop, which can accommodate 12 people and is priced at Rs1,000 per person, will be conducted by chef Shraddha Agarwalla, who will prepare gooey walnut brownies; cashew cookies; chocolate fudge with nuts; and soft-centered chocolate cake. The participants will get to sample the baked goodies and be given recipes for each one. Vasant House, 19th Road, off Khar Danda, near Fabindia, Khar. To register, call 2649 5775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.