Starbucks To Open In Mumbai In October
If this report is to be believed, Starbucks fans in Mumbai can expect to queue for a venti by October. The US-based coffee shop chain, which will enter India through a partnership with Tata Global Beverages, has shortlisted three possible store locations here: Oberoi Mall in Goregaon East, Horniman Circle and Ceejay House in Worli. Their choice of Ceejay House, one of the most expensive office buildings in the city, and not the coffee-shop friendly suburb of Bandra, is unexpected to say the least. We’re also kinda surprised by the choice of Horniman Circle for the brand, which seems like a likelier fit for the tourist-inhabited neighbourhoods of Colaba or Kala Ghoda. According to the report, Tata and Starbucks have fixed on Oberoi Mall—which also houses an outlet of premium American ice-cream brand Häagen-Dazs—as the spot for the first outpost of the chain, which will expand to New Delhi and Bangalore after the Mumbai launch.Tags: Oberoi Mall, Starbucks, Starbucks Coffee, Tata Global Beverages
You Might Also Like...
- Win A Seat At A Masterclass With MasterChef Australia’s Sarah Todd
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!