Contemporary Arts & Crafts Opens In Fort Today
Ever since Contemporary Arts & Crafts shuttered last year, we’ve had to shlep to Lower Parel or Bandra when in need of a quick gift or household item (wooden salad spoons, for instance). Which is why the re-opening of the 50-year-old iconic store, now shifted to an airy space on D. N. Road in Fort, will come as happy news to many. The new 3,000 square feet shop has the same inventory as its Napean Sea Road avatar—namely bed, bath and table products, linen and furniture all sourced from craftsmen across India—just a whole lot more of it, with considerably more display room for furniture. CAC regulars will find all the bestsellers: the cotton blankets, the wooden and earthen crockery in canary yellow and moss green, trays, trolleys, wall hangings, lamps, candles and soaps. Best of all? The prices are still the same, in the happily varied range of Rs80 (for a candle) to Rs30,000 (for furniture).Tags: CAC, Contemporary Arts and Crafts, Shopping
Contemporary Arts & Crafts
Location210 D. N. Road
Corner of Wallace Street and D. N. Road
Opposite Fort House
Phone022 6657 6069
HoursMonday to Saturday, 10.30am to 7.30pm; Sunday closed
You Might Also Like...
- Win A Seat At A Masterclass With MasterChef Australia’s Sarah Todd
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!