Make Your Own Pickle Online
Industries have been built by peddling mothers’ homemade pickle, so it was only a matter of time before someone took the entire enterprise online. Pinank Shah saw the opportunity in his Gujarati mother-in-law’s homemade khatti keri and chunda (sour and sweet mango pickles), which were made in quantities of several hundred kilos for distribution to families and friends. Now, through Shah’s website Goosebumpspickles.com, anyone can order one of Mita Mehta’s eight signature pickles (katki, chunda, gol keri, gunda keri, green chillies, red chillies, khatti keri and chana methi) in quantities of up to 5 kilos that are amazingly enough still made by Mehta and a staff of helpers. If you’d rather customise the pickle yourself, you can via their “make your own pickle” tool, which lets you add ingredients like green chillies, ginger, lemon and carrots to a sour base of mango pickle. Shah, who runs a digital marketing agency, says you can place an order and pay cash on delivery until the site’s payment gateway goes live in mid-May.
Prices range from Rs250 to Rs325 for 500 grams of pickle. Visit Goosebumpspickles.com.Tags: Goosebumpspickles, Pinank Shah
You Might Also Like...
- Win A Seat At A Masterclass With MasterChef Australia’s Sarah Todd
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!