Yogurtbay Has Launched Mango Fro-Yo
• Yogurtbay has introduced two new mango flavours. The mango pie is made up of a biscuit base, mango yoghurt, whipped cream and fresh mango, while the mango pavlova is a combination of a brownie, vanilla yoghurt, passion fruit coulis and fresh mango. Both are priced at Rs150 for a small cup. 11 Gagangiri, off Carter Road, next to Crepe Station, Khar. Tel: 3062 9191. 1A, Sagar Vilas Co-operative Housing Society, opposite Navroze Apartments, near Organic Fresh, Breach Candy, Warden Road. Tel: 98333 60235.
• The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel is serving mango specials. At Masala Kraft, the hotel’s Indian restaurant, you can choose from aamras puri, mango rabdi, mango phirni, and mango lassi. Shamiana, the hotel’s all-day restaurant, is serving baked mango yoghurt, mango and chocolate mille-feuille, mango tiramisu, and mango brulee. Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Apollo Bunder. Tel: 6665 3366.
• R City Mall in Ghatkopar has a new dessert shop called Frugurpop that specialises in paletas (fruit flavoured popsicles) and frozen yoghurt. The paletas are available in flavours such as apple-cinnamon-rosemary; triple berry; blueberry and grape; and Fruitilicious, which is a mix of strawberry, kiwi, tangerine and blueberry. The frozen yoghurt menu offers blueberry, French vanilla, strawberry and peach flavours. Prices start at Rs40 for a paleta. R City Mall, Food Court, LBS Marg, Ghatkopar (West). Tel: 98331 41983.
• The Chowpatty outpost of Ice Cream Works, Cream Centre’s chain of ice cream parlours, is now serving frozen yoghurt, under the brand called Yogorto. They offer plain, blueberry, blood orange, and mango flavours along with toppings such as fresh fruits, dry fruits, and chocolate, caramel, and blueberry sauce. Prices start at Rs38 for a mini cup. Glamour Ice Cream, near Cafe Coffee Day, Chowpatty. Tel: 2362 0104/2369 0104.
• Olive Bar & Kitchen in Khar will host a Moroccan themed bar night on Thursday, April 26. The special menu will include eggplant and tomato zaalouk (cooked salad); spicy charmoula prawns with pomegranate sauce; chicken tagine with harissa cous cous; and chocolate date pudding with Moroccan spices. 14 Union Park, next to Le Sutra Hotel, Khar. Tel: 4340 8228.
• Cymroza Art Gallery in Breach Candy will host a sale of Pure Sin chocolates on Tuesday, April 24 and Wesneday, April 25, from 10am to 8pm. You can shop for assorted fruit flavoured and nut chocolates such as almond rocks; dark chocolate with hazelnut mousse; walnut fudge; blueberry cheesecake chocolate; peanut brittle and caramel chocolate; and chocolate with apricot mousse. Cymroza Art Gallery, Breach Candy, 72 Bhulabhai Desai Road. Tel: 2367 1983.