Sign Up For A Visit To Shilpa Gupta’s Studio
How does one rig up 4,000 microphones and suspend them from the ceiling in the form of a menacing black cloud? If you sign up for Asia Society’s visit to artist Shilpa Gupta’s studio on Saturday, May 5, you could pose the question to her in person. The visit is part of their “Rendezvous with the Artist” series where they arrange for a small group of folks to visit artist studios across the city. Gupta, a leading light in the contemporary art world, has long fiddled with the barriers of conventional expression, something she did most recently at her show at Chemould Prescott Road gallery in February. The visit to her studio in Bandra is only open to about 25 people, so if you’d like to attend, RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday, April 30. Tickets are priced at Rs750 for Asia Society members and at Rs1,000 for non-members, and cover the cost of refreshments and round-trip transportation from and to a pick-up/drop-off point on Marine Drive.Tags: Art, Asia Society, Shilpa Gupta
You Might Also Like...
- Everything You Wanted To Know About The Red Bull Tour Bus But Didn’t Know Whom To Ask
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!