Attend A Beer Tasting At Woodside
• On Friday, April 13, Woodside in Andheri will host a beer tasting session along with All Things Nice, a company that organises wine dinners across the city. You can taste six imported beers, namely Asahi from Japan, Brooklyn Lager from the US, Erdinger from Germany, the UK’s London Pride, Murphy’s from Ireland, and the Belgian Liefmans Fruitesse. The session, which will also include a talk on the history of beer, types and styles of beer, and the process of beer making, is priced at Rs995 per person. The registration fee gets you a mug of each beer and finger foods such as sliders, beer-battered onion rings, and charred tomato and zucchini mousse. From 8pm to 9.30pm. New Link Plaza, Oshiwara Link Road, next to Oshiwara Police Station, Andheri (West). Tel: 2632 8963/2633 6549.
• Amadeus, the Spanish and Levantine restaurant in Nariman Point, has introduced a set lunch menu that includes chicken pinchos smeared with harissa; gazpacho; goat cheese and jalapenos cocas; crepes; and paella. The menu is priced at Rs1,000 per person for non-vegetarians and at Rs850 per person for vegetarians. National Centre for the Performing Arts, NCPA Marg, Nariman Point. Tel: 2282 4242.
• Hard Rock Cafe is now serving a new menu that features dishes such as grilled chicken with lemon caper sauce; ratatouille; tandoori chicken burger; pork ribs; saag paneer; mojito yoghurt; white chocolate and banana pudding; and tres leches. Bombay Dyeing Mills Compound, near Deepak Talkies, Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Lower Parel. Tel: 2438 2888.
• China Gate Restaurants, the parent company of such establishments as China Gate, Red Box, Global Fusion, Hometown Cafe, Bora Bora and Red Ant, has opened a new north Indian cuisine restaurant called Kazan in Andheri. Soy-glazed chicken tikkas; zafrani jhinga; nawabi tangdi; and fish tikkas are some of the dishes on the menu. Kazan also offers a lunch buffet priced at Rs450 per person (exclusive of taxes) from Monday through Saturday, and at Rs550 per person (exclusive of taxes) on Sundays. Above Hometown Cafe, Oberoi Chambers, off New Link Road, Andheri (West). Tel: 2674 8704.
You Might Also Like...
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Coast Guards: The Raos’ ‘Amchi’ Culinary Heritage
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!