New Bagel Sandwich Delivery Service Launched
• Aurus, the seaside lounge and restaurant in Juhu, has a new menu. The menu features Jamaican spiced chicken; lamb sliders; seared basa chunks with kaffir lime; lobster and seafood pot pie; seared yellow fin tuna; confit of duck; and cous cous studded cottage cheese chunks. Ground Floor, Nichani Kutir, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu. Tel: 6710 6666.
• Sanal Nair, a former advertising professional, has launched a new vegetarian bagel sandwich delivery service called Bagelwala with the intention of bringing New York-style bagels to Mumbai. The Bagelwala menu includes a variety of flavoured bagels such as sesame, poppy, sundried tomato, onion garlic, oregano, and cinnamon raisin, and fillings such as cream cheese; sundried tomato cream cheese; wasabi cream cheese; Nutella; garlic hummus; and peanut butter and jam. They require a minimum order of a dozen bagels for home deliveries. In case you want Nair to cater a party, you need to let him know a day in advance. The first Bagelwala store is likely to open in Bandra in a month’s time. To place an order, contact Sanal Nair on 98190 14804.
WOMEN’S DAY SPECIALS
• On Thursday, March 8, women can avail of a 50 per cent discount at the dinner buffet at Citrus, the all-day restaurant at The Leela Kempinski hotel. The spread will include honey-glazed salmon; figs and mozzarella salad; braised veal in a tuna caper sauce; lamb steak; hazelnut tiramisu; Malibu creme brulee; and strawberry mousse. Leela Kempinski, near the International Airport, Andheri (East). Tel: 6691 1324.
• Until Friday, March 9, The Tasty Tangles, the South-East Asian restaurant in Bandra, will offer a 15 per cent discount on the final bill to a table with three or more women, as part of their Women’s Day celebrations. Pinnacle House, Level 1, P. D. Hinduja Marg, off Linking Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 6709 4444.
• On Thursday, March 8, women who walk into Escobar, the lounge and restaurant in Bandra, before 11pm can get one of the following four cocktails—the Cosmopolitan, Sex on the Beach, the Long Island ice tea and the mojito—for free. On the same night, Escobar will also offer six shots for the price of three (Rs900 excluding taxes). Your choices are the Kamikaze, Sex on the Beach and a special strawberry shot prepared just for Women’s Day. V. N. Sphere Building, Fourth Floor, junction of Turner Road and Linking Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 4276 0000.
• To celebrate Women’s Day on Thursday, March 8, Botticino, the Italian restaurant at the Trident in the Bandra Kurla Complex, will serve a special three-course set menu comprising an appetiser, a main course and dessert. The meal is priced at Rs999 per person. O22, the all-day restaurant at Trident, is hosting a Punjabi food festival. Pick from chicken broth flavoured with carom seeds; rajma tikki; fresh corn and walnut patties; Amritsari macchi; martaban gosht; Lahori aloo; sarson da saag and kadi pakoda. Until Friday, March 9. Trident, C-56, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex. Tel: 6672 7777.
• On Thursday, March 8, the InterContinental Marine Drive will offer one free cocktail or a glass of wine to all women diners at their restaurants Koh, Kebab Korner and Corleone, and their lounge Dome. InterContinental Marine Drive, 135 Marine Drive. Tel: 3987 9999.
• Women will be treated to a free cocktail at 36 Oak & Barley, the all-day restaurant at Kemps Corner, on Thursday, March 8. The cocktail menu includes the strawberry mojito, the black grape mojito, and the sour apple martini. 76 Nidhi, August Kranti Marg, near Gowalia Tank, Kemps Corner. Tel: 2381 1010.
• Mezzo Mezzo, the Italian restaurant at the J. W. Marriott hotel, is hosting Paulo Barrale, an Italian chef from Campania, until Sunday, March 11. Diners can opt for Barrale’s special wine paired menu, which includes veal carpaccio with smoked aubergine and mozzarella; risotto with onions and cocoa powder; and hazelnut souffle with ricotta ice cream. J. W. Marriott, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu. Tel: 6693 3344.
• From Saturday, March 10, Fenix the all-day restaurant at The Oberoi, will serve a special sushi menu that will offer tanuki salmon; samurai maki; karai hamachi; spicy prawn tempura with scallops and salsa; crispy, spicy maguro; and eel with spicy salmon. Until Saturday, March 17. Lobby Level, The Oberoi, Nariman Point. Tel: 6632 6205.Tags: 36 Oak & Barley, Aurus, Bagelwala, Botticino, Citrus, Corleone, Dome, Escobar, Fenix, Foodhall, Intercontinental Marine Drive, JW Marriott, Kebab Korner, KOH, Mezzo Mezzo, O22, Restaurants, Sanal Nair, Sushi and More, The Tasty Tangles, Trident Bandra Kurla