Busaba To Launch A New Menu In March
• Busaba, the South-East Asian restaurant in Colaba and Lower Parel, will launch a new menu in March. The menu will feature sesame-crusted tuna with wasabi beurre blanc and Asian cous cous; carpaccio of filet mignon with a rocket salad drizzled with honey and rosemary vinaigrette; and green curry risotto. Busaba owner and chef Nikhil Chib will hold a cooking demonstration at the Lower Parel outpost of the restaurant on Saturday, March 3, from 1pm to 3pm. Chib will cook Vietnamese grilled shrimp with sugarcane; chilli garlic potatoes; chicken bibimbap with Korean rice; and Thai coconut pudding. The Rs750 registration fee also gets you lunch cooked by Chib. Mandlik Road, near Indigo, Colaba. Tel: 2204 3769. Also at Mathuradas Mills Compound, next to Blue Frog, Tulsi Pipe Road, Lower Parel. Tel: 6747 8971.
• Neel, the fine dining Indian restaurant at Tote on the Turf, is now serving Awadhi streetside specialties in its outdoor section. You can choose from baida roti; adraki bhuna gosht; kathi rolls; bhuna paneer; jalebis; and malpua. Mahalaxmi Race Course, opposite Gates 5 & 6, Keshvrao Khadye Marg, Mahalaxmi. Tel: 6157 7777.
• The Peshwa Pavilion, the all-day restaurant at ITC Maratha in Andheri East, is hosting a British Isles food festival until Sunday, February 25. They’re serving steak and kidney pie; bread pudding; fish and chips; trifle; and bangers and mash. ITC Maratha, near Mumbai International Airport, Andheri (East). Tel: 2830 3030.
• The Nashik-based Sula Vineyards will conduct a wine appreciation session at Italian restaurant Penne in Juhu, on Sunday, February 25, from 4pm to 6pm. A sommelier from Sula will conduct a tasting of their wine selection and talk about pairing Sula wines with appropriate foods. The session is priced at Rs499 per person. Participants can also avail of a 15 per cent discount on food and non-alcoholic drinks at the restaurant. You can purchase tickets from www.crazeal.com. 14, Silver Beach, A. B. Nair Road, opposite the Juhu Post Office, Juhu. Tel: 2625 5706.
• Seasonal Tastes, the all-day restaurant at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, will host a Mexican food festival from Friday, February 24, until Friday, March 9. The menu will include Tex Mex tortilla soup; picadillo; fajitas; carnitas; and capirotada (bread pudding). The Westin Mumbai Garden City, International Business Park, Oberoi Garden City, Goregaon (East). Tel: 6147 0000.
• Lake View Cafe, the all-day restaurant at the Renaissance Hotel in Powai, is serving Goan specialties such as xacuti masala; pumpkin and papaya curry; pork sorpotel; prawn balchao; prawn curry; bebinca; and dodol. Until Sunday, March 4. Renaissance Mumbai Hotel and Convention Centre, near Chinmayanand Ashram, Powai. Tel: 6692 7561.
• Bungalow 9, the multi-cuisine restaurant and bar in Bandra, has introduced happy hours between 6pm and 9pm. During these hours, on Mondays, men will get a free drink for every one they buy; on Tuesdays, all customers will get a free starter along with the first drink they order; on Wednesdays, women will get two free drinks for every cocktail they pay for; and on Thursdays, all customers will get three complimentary shooters for every drink they buy. St. John Baptist Road, ahead of Salt Water Cafe, Bandra (West). Tel: 6117 9999.