Busaba To Launch A New Menu In March
• Busaba, the South-East Asian restaurant in Colaba and Lower Parel, will launch a new menu in March. The menu will feature sesame-crusted tuna with wasabi beurre blanc and Asian cous cous; carpaccio of filet mignon with a rocket salad drizzled with honey and rosemary vinaigrette; and green curry risotto. Busaba owner and chef Nikhil Chib will hold a cooking demonstration at the Lower Parel outpost of the restaurant on Saturday, March 3, from 1pm to 3pm. Chib will cook Vietnamese grilled shrimp with sugarcane; chilli garlic potatoes; chicken bibimbap with Korean rice; and Thai coconut pudding. The Rs750 registration fee also gets you lunch cooked by Chib. Mandlik Road, near Indigo, Colaba. Tel: 2204 3769. Also at Mathuradas Mills Compound, next to Blue Frog, Tulsi Pipe Road, Lower Parel. Tel: 6747 8971.
• Neel, the fine dining Indian restaurant at Tote on the Turf, is now serving Awadhi streetside specialties in its outdoor section. You can choose from baida roti; adraki bhuna gosht; kathi rolls; bhuna paneer; jalebis; and malpua. Mahalaxmi Race Course, opposite Gates 5 & 6, Keshvrao Khadye Marg, Mahalaxmi. Tel: 6157 7777.
• The Peshwa Pavilion, the all-day restaurant at ITC Maratha in Andheri East, is hosting a British Isles food festival until Sunday, February 25. They’re serving steak and kidney pie; bread pudding; fish and chips; trifle; and bangers and mash. ITC Maratha, near Mumbai International Airport, Andheri (East). Tel: 2830 3030.
• The Nashik-based Sula Vineyards will conduct a wine appreciation session at Italian restaurant Penne in Juhu, on Sunday, February 25, from 4pm to 6pm. A sommelier from Sula will conduct a tasting of their wine selection and talk about pairing Sula wines with appropriate foods. The session is priced at Rs499 per person. Participants can also avail of a 15 per cent discount on food and non-alcoholic drinks at the restaurant. You can purchase tickets from www.crazeal.com. 14, Silver Beach, A. B. Nair Road, opposite the Juhu Post Office, Juhu. Tel: 2625 5706.
• Seasonal Tastes, the all-day restaurant at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, will host a Mexican food festival from Friday, February 24, until Friday, March 9. The menu will include Tex Mex tortilla soup; picadillo; fajitas; carnitas; and capirotada (bread pudding). The Westin Mumbai Garden City, International Business Park, Oberoi Garden City, Goregaon (East). Tel: 6147 0000.
• Lake View Cafe, the all-day restaurant at the Renaissance Hotel in Powai, is serving Goan specialties such as xacuti masala; pumpkin and papaya curry; pork sorpotel; prawn balchao; prawn curry; bebinca; and dodol. Until Sunday, March 4. Renaissance Mumbai Hotel and Convention Centre, near Chinmayanand Ashram, Powai. Tel: 6692 7561.
• Bungalow 9, the multi-cuisine restaurant and bar in Bandra, has introduced happy hours between 6pm and 9pm. During these hours, on Mondays, men will get a free drink for every one they buy; on Tuesdays, all customers will get a free starter along with the first drink they order; on Wednesdays, women will get two free drinks for every cocktail they pay for; and on Thursdays, all customers will get three complimentary shooters for every drink they buy. St. John Baptist Road, ahead of Salt Water Cafe, Bandra (West). Tel: 6117 9999.Tags: Bungalow 9, Busaba, ITC Maratha, Lake View Cafe, Neel at Tote on the Turf, Nikhil Chib, Penne, Renaissance Hotel, Restaurants, Seasonal Tastes, Sula Vineyards, The Peshwa Pavilion, The Westin Mumbai Garden City