Attend A Flea Market This Weekend
• On Thursday, February 9, Bombay Electric, the multi-designer boutique in Colaba, will launch vintage clothing collections by Karishma Sahani, Nor Black Nor White, Studio Mora and Periwinkle. You will find mini dresses, scalloped capes, clothes with ikat and patola prints, stoles with antique applique work and zari, sunglasses, and brocade saris. They will also showcase vintage menswear including Liberty ties and Versace bowties. 1 Reay House, Best Marg, Colaba. Tel: 2287 6276.
VALENTINE’S DAY SPECIALS
• Suara Spa at Hotel Sea Princess in Juhu is offering a special treatment for couples that includes an aroma therapy massage, a pomegranate body scrub, and a chocolate immersion treatment. The package for two is priced at Rs6,000 (excluding taxes). The offer is valid until Wednesday, February 29. Hotel Sea Princess, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu. Tel: 2646 9555/2646 9500.
• For Valentine’s Day, on Tuesday, February 14, online shop The Boxer Store, is offering three boxer shorts for men and women for the price of two. If you purchase three pairs of girl’s boxer shorts, you will get a pyjama set for free. Prices start at Rs599 for a pair of boxers.
• Leather accessories label Hidesign has launched Valentine’s Day collections that include sling bags, hand bags, wallets, clutches, satchels and money purses, in colours such as green, brown and red. See here for locations.
• Rewa Escape, the spa in Mahalaxmi, will offer special therapies for couples from Tuesday, February 14 to Tuesday, February 21. You can opt for Cupid Hour, an hour-long foot massage priced at Rs2,580; Last Minute Date, which involves a foot massage and a Forest Essentials facial, priced at Rs3,360; and Valentine Escape, a three-hour long package that offers a fresh fruit manicure and pedicure, foot massage and Forest Essentials facial, priced at Rs9,000. Rewa House Bungalow, opposite Cadbury House, Bhulabhai Desai Road. Tel: 2352 0580.
• On Sunday, February 19, The Yoga House in Bandra will host Colaba store Bungalow 8′s organic themed pop-up store. Bungalow 8 head of fashion Mathieu Gugumus Leguillon has created a Frida Kahlo-inspired clothing line using crochet, voile and cotton gauze. Jewellery designer Jamini Ahluwalia has created a capsule collection of costume jewellery using clay, wood, horn, crochet and jute. You will also find earthen ware, silk cushions, recycled bed covers, horn salad servers, plates made out of coconut fibre and bamboo place mats. From 10am to 10pm. 53 Chimbai Road, behind St. Andrew’s Church, Bandra (West). Tel: 6554 5001.
• Opa, the European restaurant in Juhu, will host a flea market on Sunday, February 12. A host of emerging designers will showcase home decor and fashion accessories such as printed umbrellas, costume jewellery, feather and stone embellished ballerina flats, vitange glass lamps, jewellery boxes, colour block clutches, off-shoulder dresses, and tunics. From noon to midnight. Royal Garden Hotel, Ground Floor, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu. Tel: 6769 9999.
• Mozaic, the home decor store in Bandra, is hosting an art flea market along with Samsara Art, an online resource for contemporary Indian art. The flea market will feature the works of over 50 artists, all of which are priced under Rs40,000. The sale will continue until stocks last. 77 Victory Villa, opposite Axis Bank, near the Lemon Grass restaurant signal, Turner Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 2640 4897.
• Mumbai-based fashion bloggers Dhruvi Shah (Alice Wandering) and Aastha Atray (Indian Summer) will host a garage sale called From the Rabbit Hole on Thursday, February 9 at Out of the Blue in Khar from 11am to 11pm. All items, including clothes, bags, shoes, jewellery and books, are priced under Rs2,000. They will only accept cash. Le Sutra, 14, Union Park, near Olive Bar & Kitchen, Khar (West). Tel: 2600 3000.
• The British Council is holding a sale of withdrawn books and DVDs from its library. You will find books on medicine, photography, architecture, technology, gardening and sports. Their DVD collection includes The Lord Of The Rings films, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Billy Elliot, Mamma Mia and Casino Royale. Prices start at Rs50 for books and Rs100 for DVDs. Until Saturday, February 11. From 10am to 5pm. 901, Tower 1, One Indiabulls Centre, diagonally opposite Deepak Talkies, Elphinstone Road (West). Tel: 6748 6748.