Freeman & Baker Is Now In Breach Candy
• Bandra-based lounge and restaurant Bonobo has launched a new food menu. The new dishes include a double melon and feta sala with rocket and pine nuts; jalapeno cheddar poppers; beef meatballs; cilantro and lemon prawns with calamari; basa fish and chips; sliders with chicken, beef or lamb; black bean and goat cheese lasagna; chorizo with fried egg; chocolate mud cake; and banoffee pie. Kenilworth Mall (KFC Building), Phase 2, Second Floor, off Linking Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 2605 5050.
• Juhu deli Freeman & Baker launched its second outpost, in Breach Candy last week. The menu comprises cold cuts, imported cheeses, pastries, cupcakes, quiches, brownies, coffee and fruit juices. Daily, from 8am to 10pm. Moksh Gym, Ground Floor, Akash Ganga, 89, Bhulabhai Desai Road, opposite Tata Garden. Tel: 2364 0127.
• Cafe Mangii, the all-day restaurant in Khar, has a new outpost in Versova. The menu is the same as the one at their Khar flagship. In addition to breakfast, they serve soups, salads, pizzas, fondue, and pastas. Daily, 9am to midnight. No. 28, Aaram Nagar 1, Versova, Andheri (West). Tel: 2631 6101.
• Fast food chain Leb Mex has launched a weekly burrito eating competition. The challenge involves eating a giant burrito (worth Rs150) in half-an-hour. Winners will be featured on Leb Mex’s wall of fame and can also have a dish on the menu named after them. The competition will be held every Thursday, through the day. SVP Road, next to Sukh Sagar, opposite Cafe Ideal, Chowpatty. Tel: 2368 8000. Also at Mathuradas Mills Compound, near WLC College, Tulsi Pipe Road, Lower Parel. Tel: 3222 7202.
• The Irish House pub at Phoenix Mills is now serving three-course set lunches. You can choose an appetiser, main course and dessert. The menu includes Caesar salad; Caprese salad; steak with potatoes and artichokes; spinach and water chestnut crepes; tamarind beef in pita pockets; fettucini carbonara; BBQ chicken sandwich; walnut brownie; and panna cotta with mixed berry compote. The lunch is priced at Rs350 per person (excluding taxes). Second Floor, Phoenix Mills Compound, next to California Pizza Kitchen, High Street Phoenix, Lower Parel. Tel: 4347 1111.Tags: Bonobo, Cafe Mangii, Freeman & Baker, Leb Mex, Restaurants, The Irish House