Attend A Cooking Demo At Busaba
• Frangipani, the all-day restaurant at the Trident, Nariman Point, is serving a Spanish menu, until Friday, January 20. You can choose between assorted tapas and pinchos; fideua (a noodle dish made with mixed meats); Catalan beans with pumpkin; sweetbread with lamb, pistachios and olives; tuna casserole; paella with lobster, Serrano ham and black rice; and Catalan creme brulee. Trident, Nariman Point. Tel: 6632 6310.
• On Saturday, January 28, Busaba owner and chef Nikhil Chib will hold a Thai food cooking demonstration at the Lower Parel outpost of the restaurant. Chib will prepare a five-course meal comprising chicken satay; nasi goreng; red Thai curry; japchae lamb; and chocolate mousse. The session is priced at Rs750 per person, and is inclusive of lunch cooked by Chib. From 1pm to 3pm. Mathuradas Mills Compound, next to Blue Frog, Tulsi Pipe Road, Lower Parel. To reserve a seat, call 6747 8971.
• Edible Arrangements, a store that specialises in fruit bouquets, is offering a discount on their chcolate-dipped fruit boxes until Sunday, January 22. A box of 12 chocolate-coated fruits including strawberries, apples, pineapples and bananas, is priced at Rs799, down from Rs1,449. Juhu Tara Road, next to the Aza showroom, Juhu. Tel: 6694 6777.
• Bombay Baking Company, the bakery at the J.W. Marriott hotel, is hosting a cupcake promotion until Tuesday, January 31. The menu includes Oreo cookie; chocolate cherry; Scotch; chocolate chip; lemon cheesecake; apple cinnamon; and carrot mascarpone cupcakes. J. W. Marriott Hotel, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu. Tel: 6693 3344.
• Cafe By The Beach on Chowpatty has added entrees to its menu. The list includes ravioli with sundried tomatoes, pine nuts and ricotta; broccoli and cheddar crepes; chicken stuffed with asparagus and leeks; chicken and mushroom lasagna; and prawns and green garlic ravioli. H2O Water Complex, next to the Mafatlal Swimming Pool, opposite Bachelorr’s, Girgaum Chowpatty. Tel: 77383 87938.
• Cafe Prato, the all-day restaurant at the Four Seasons hotel, has introduced a new tea menu. It features 22 varieties from China, Japan, Africa and India. In addition to herbal infusions such as lemon mint; chamomile; and lemon vervain, there’s Kashmiri kahwa; blue mountain Nilgiri from south India; Japanese sencha; rooibos African red; and the Chinese bai mudan. Four Seasons Hotel, Dr. E. Moses Road, Worli. To make a reservation, call 2481 8000.Tags: Bombay Baking Company, Busaba, Cafe By The Beach, Cafe Prato, Edible Arrangements, Food scoops, Four Seasons Hotel, Frangipani, Nikhil Chib, Trident Nariman Point