Design Temple Has Launched A New Collection
• Design studio Design Temple has launched a new collection of products that includes lamps, stationery, towels, keychains, matchboxes and handspun textiles, and is available at their flagship store in Colaba and their online shop. You can buy wall lights shaped like temple bells; unbleached woven cotton towels made in the Karur district of Tamil Nadu; nifty illustrated diaries, greeting cards, incense sticks, playing cards, coasters, bamboo chopsticks, napkin rings, and disposable Areca plates. They’ve also launched a capsule clothing line in collaboration with design studio Obataimu. It includes cotton kurtas, short and full-length jumpsuits, lungi pants, racerbacks, and printed mal mal robes and T-shirts. Churchill Chambers, Ground Floor, Allana Street, near Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Colaba. Tel: 2282 1001.
• The Art Cafe in Andheri is hosting a Christmas-themed flea market where you will find Christmas decorations and fashion and home accessories including clutches, handbags, jewellery, lamps, wall clocks, mirrors, photo frames and paintings on offer. Until Sunday, December 25, from 1pm to 10pm. Shop No.8, Om Apartments, opposite Valencia Building, in the lane adjacent to the Tanishq showroom, Andheri (West). Tel: 2632 3640.
• Good Earth has launched a bridal gifting collection that includes home decor items and fashion accessories. You can shop for printed crockery, cutwork glasses, bed linen, cushion covers, silver plated jewellery such as bangles, rings and neckpieces, and embroidered mojaris. See here for locations.
• Shoe store chain Tresmode has launched an online avatar, www.tresmode.com. The site’s inaugural collection comprises 500 new styles exclusively designed for the e-store. For women, they have ballerina flats, wedges, and peep-toe heels. Men will find a large selection of loafers and Oxford shoes. Tresmode offers free shipping within India.
• Kavita Bhartia, fashion designer and owner of the multi-designer boutique Ogaan, has launched a new collection of party wear with metal detailing. Bhartia has designed dresses, kurtas, harem pants, tops and waistcoats. Her store now also stocks Divya Mohta’s vibrant resort wear, which includes bikinis, shorts, kaftans, sarongs and beach bags. Vaswani House, First Floor, 7 Best Marg, Colaba. Tel: 2283 3577.
• Atosa, the multi-designer boutique in Khar, has launched new collections of cocktail dresses by Lascelles Symons and Ritu Pande. Symons has designed embroidered corsets and draped dresses in silk, satin and cotton silk. Pande’s collection includes shimmery dresses in satin and crepe embellished with jewel brooches. Aman Villa, 6B Anand Vihar Co-op Society, 20th Road, Khar. Tel: 2605 2509.
• Italian watchmakers ToyWatch are hosting a 10-day holiday sale. They’re offering up to 50 per cent off on select designs such as Jelly Army, Tattoo Safari, Mother of Pearl, Sports Chrono and the Ceramic collection. Until Saturday, December 31. 44 Bajaj Bhavan, Nariman Point. Tel: 2204 2392.