Christmas Specials Around Town
• Indigo Deli in Colaba and Lower Parel and Indigo Cafe in Andheri are selling a new range of cupcakes and chocolates by Delhi-based pastry chef and chocolate maker, Deepika Sarin. The festive selection includes assorted truffles in flavours such as raspberry, coffee, Cointreau, and dark chocolate. First Floor, Palladium, Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel. Tel: 2498 6262. Also at 5, Ground Floor, Pheroze Building, Apollo Bunder, near Gateway of India. Tel: 6655 1010. Indigo Cafe, Clifton Trishool Housing Society, Oshiwara Village, off Link Road, Lokhandwala, Andheri (West). Tel: 2633 5709.
• Amadeus, the Spanish and Levantine restaurant in Nariman Point, will serve a Mediterranean brunch on Sunday, December 25. The spread will include Iberico ham wrapped melon; roast turkey with cranberry sauce; black pepper crusted sea bass; roasted eggplant rice cakes; flourless chocolate cake; and Tequila spiked strawberry confit. The brunch with alcohol is priced at Rs2,700 per person (exclusive of tax), and at Rs1,950 per person (exclusive of tax) without alcohol. National Centre for the Performing Arts, NCPA Marg, Nariman Point. Tel: 2282 1212.
• Fenix, the all-day restaurant at The Oberoi, will host a gingerbread cookie baking workshop for children under the age of 12, on Friday, December 23, from 3pm to 5pm. The workshop is priced at Rs800 per child. On Sunday, December 25, Fenix will serve a Christmas brunch with roast turkey; fondue; and a selection of sushi. The brunch is priced at Rs4,250 per person (exclusive of tax but includes unlimited champagne). Lobby Level, The Oberoi, Nariman Point. Tel: 6634 2012.
• On Saturday, December 24, Suzette, the creperie in Nariman Point, will serve a special Christmas set menu that will include pumpkin and sage soup with blue cheese cream; blinis with smoked salmon, fresh cream, lemon and dill; Raclette cheese and Spanish Serrano ham crepe; Christmas spiced bread with vanilla ice cream; sweet crepe rolls; and strawberries topped with mascarpone yoghurt cream. The non-vegetarian set menu is priced at Rs1,200 per person (exclusive of tax) and vegetarian set menu at Rs1,000 per person (exclusive of tax). Shop 1A, Ground Floor, Atlanta Building, Nariman Point. Tel: 2288 0055.
• High Tide, the all-day restaurant at The Resort in Madh Marve, will host a Christmas brunch on Sunday, December 25. The spread will include turkey with cranberry sauce; pork salami with melons; chicken pate with toast; chocolate and rum mousse; Christmas pudding; and coconut halwa. The brunch is priced at Rs1,245 per person. The Resort, 11 Madh Marve Road, Aksa Beach, Malad (West). Tel: 2844 7777.
• The Christmas brunch at Corleone, the Italian restaurant at InterContinental Marine Drive, will include roast turkey; mince pies; and Christmas pudding. The brunch with alcohol is priced at Rs2,350 per person (exclusive of tax) and at Rs1,950 per person (exclusive of tax) without alcohol. From noon to 5pm. InterContinental Marine Drive, 135 Marine Drive. Tel: 3987 9999.
• For Christmas brunch on Sunday, December 25, The Cafe At Le Mill will serve Christmas dishes from around the world like roast chicken with stuffing, Venezuelan cachapas (eggless corn pancakes), mince pies, Belgian chocolate cake, Korean cinnamon buns, beef mince stuffed in potato mash, and knish, along with mulled wine. The brunch is priced at Rs1,000 without alcohol and Rs1,200 with alcohol. Le Mill, 17-25 Nandlal Jani Road, next to Wadi Bunder, New Railway Bridge, Wadi Bunder (East). Tel: 2374 2415.
• From Saturday, December 24 to Friday, December 30, Chez Vous, the French bistro in Churchgate, will offer a special Christmas set menu, which will include duck liver terrine in rum and cinnamon; pumpkin and roasted chestnut soup; roast turkey stuffed with chestnuts; and Christmas cake. The non-vegetarian set menu is priced at Rs2,000 per person (exclusive of tax) and the vegetarian set menu at Rs1,500 per person (exclusive of tax). 42 M. K. Road, Eros Building, opposite Churchgate Railway Station. Tel: 98207 04500.
• Peshwa Pavilion, the all-day restaurant at ITC Maratha, will serve a Christmas Eve buffet on Saturday, December 24. The dishes will include Gouda stuffed chicken with balsamic jus; pumpkin ravioli; roast turkey with cranberry sauce; herbed tenderloin; Yule log; and cinnamon and mascarpone tarts. The buffet is priced at Rs2,850 per person (exclusive of tax but inclusive of alcohol). ITC Maratha, near the International Airport, Andheri (East). Tel: 2830 3030.
• The Elbo Room outposts in Bandra and Powai are serving a special Christmas menu, which includes roast turkey and sweet lime salad; roast turkey in cranberry sauce; brandy marinated beef steak in an apricot and walnut sauce; apple pie served with orange vodka; and waffles with a port wine sauce. Until Thursday, December 29. Plot No.500, Sant Kutir Apartments, off Linking Road, behind the Levi’s showroom, Bandra (West). Tel: 2648 3316. Also at, 135-138A, The Galleria Shopping Centre, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai. Tel: 2570 1800.
• Godrej Nature’s Basket is selling a range of Christmas hampers that offer a selection of truffles, cream puddings, cookies, wine, and marshmallows. Prices range from Rs999 to Rs7,499. See here for locations.
• Mocha will serve a festive menu until Friday, January 6. They’re serving roast chicken; bourbon and honey glazed chicken; mushroom and aubergine lasagna; plum pudding; mixed fruit pastry; and hazelnut apple pie. See here for locations.
• On Sunday, December 25, the fine-dining Chinese restaurant Hakkasan will serve a set menu priced at Rs3,888 per person (exclusive of tax but inclusive of a complimentary cocktail). The dishes include curried white fungus and enoki dumplings; steamed sweet and sour dim sum; Sanpei mushroom clay pot; and mock duck with okra and tofu in Assam sauce. From12.30pm to 3pm. Krystal, Waterfield Road, same building as ICICI Bank, Bandra (West). Tel: 2644 4444.
• For Christmas Eve, on Saturday, December 24, Yauatcha, the dim sum restaurant and tea house will serve a four-course set menu comprising soup, dim sum, main course and dessert. You can choose from crystal dumplings; pan fried turnip cake; crispy duck roll; Belgian chocolate tart with star anise and coffee ganache; and chocolate truffles. The set menu is priced at Rs2,222 per person (exclusive of tax and alcohol). Raheja Tower, Bandra Kurla Complex, near the IL&FS Building, Bandra (East). Tel: 2644 8888.
• On Sunday, December 25, Blue Frog will host a Christmas brunch that will include roast turkey; ham; mulled wine; eggnog; and Christmas pudding. The afternoon will also feature a performance by G-Sus, a gospel band that will sing Christmas carols. The brunch with alcohol is priced at Rs2,500 per person and at Rs2,000 per person without alcohol. Mathuradas Mills Compound, Tulsi Pipe Road, Lower Parel. Tel: 6158 6158.
• Until Friday, December 30, Hard Rock Cafe will serve a festive set menu that offers grilled turkey with roasted pumpkins and cranberry jelly; ratatouille; Christmas pudding; and chocolate and pumpkin mousse tart. The non-vegetarian set menu is priced at Rs1,050 per person (exclusive of tax) and the vegetarian set menu at Rs850 per person (exclusive of tax). Bombay Dyeing Mills Compound, Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Worli. Tel: 2438 2888.
• On Saturday, December 24, I Bar in Bandra, will host a Christmas Eve party during which they will serve a special snacks menu that will include balsamic chicken; coconut crusted chicken with a mango and jalapeno dip; prawn tempura with wasabi mayonnaise; and Cajun spiced potatoes with a blue cheese dip. The bar’s in-house DJ will spin house and hip hop tracks at the party, tickets for which are priced at Rs3,500 (inclusive of food, alcohol and tax) for couples and Rs2,000 (inclusive of food, alcohol and tax) for single men and women. From 9pm onwards. ONGC Building Colony Building No.2, near Candies, Bandra Reclamation, Bandra (West). Tel: 99305 88479.
• On Sunday, December 25, Two One Two Bar & Grill will offer a set, three-course brunch menu priced at Rs3,200 for the vegetarian version; Rs3,750 for a seafood one; and Rs3,950 for steak and poultry versions. Highlights include seared scallops in truffle butter; veal ossobuco; chargrilled turkey pizza; spinach and ricotta cheese tart; and more. Prices are exclusive of dessert and alcohol. 12-A, Hornby Vellard Estate, Opposite Nehru Centre, Next to the BMW showroom, Worli. Tel: 2490 1994.Amadeus, Blue Frog, Chez Vous, Corleone, Deepika Sarin, Fenix, Food scoops, Godrej Nature's Basket, Hakkasan, Hard Rock Cafe, High Tide, I Bar, Indigo Cafe, Indigo Deli, Intercontinental Marine Drive, ITC Maratha, Le Mill, Mocha, Nature's Basket, Peshwa Pavilion, Suzette, The Cafe at Le Mill, The Elbo Room, The Oberoi, The Resort, Two One Two Bar and Grill
You Might Also Like...
- Everything You Wanted To Know About The Red Bull Tour Bus But Didn’t Know Whom To Ask
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!