San Churro Has Opened In Breach Candy
• Fenix, the all-day restaurant at The Oberoi, has added a selection of thin-crust pizzas to its menu. The choices include primavera (asparagus, roasted peppers and olives); crispy aubergine (buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil); six-cereal wholewheat pizza (marinated artichokes, salted ricotta and spicy tomato sauce); and pesto marinated chicken pizza. Lobby Level, The Oberoi, Nariman Point. Tel: 6632 6205.
• Jamavar, the Indian restaurant at The Leela Kempinski, is hosting a Kashmiri food festival. They’re serving gushtaba, rogan josh, tabak maas (spare ribs cooked in a spicy gravy), and apple kheer. Until Thursday, December 15. Near the International Airport, Andheri (East). Tel: 6691 1290.
• On Friday, December 9, the Palladium mall will host a Christmas-themed food bazaar, as part of its monthly World Food Friday promotions. You can shop for marzipan treats, cordial-spiked cakes, guava cheese, liqueur chocolates, almond and raisin cakes and cupcakes. From 1pm to 8pm. Ground Floor, Palladium, Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel. Tel: 6661 4313.
• Starting, Wednesday, December 7, Organic Haus, an Ahmedabad-based gourmet food store, will host a five-day exhibition and sale of imported organic pastas, sauces, cereals, jams, chocolates, crackers, cooking oils, breads, teas and coffes, at the Trident, Nariman Point. Until Sunday, December 11, from 11am to 8pm. The Galleria, Trident, Nariman Point. Tel: 9769 764114.
• Organic Garden, a new store that sells organic vegetables and fruits, has replaced clothing boutique Trunk in Colaba. Expect to find basil, peppers, broccoli, lemon grass, zucchini, Romaine lettuce, custard apples, pomegranates and guavas, in addition to other fruits and vegetables. The store, which offers free home delivery, also has branches in Breach Candy and Bandra. Three outlets in Andheri West, in Lokhandwala, Oshiwara and Versova, are slated to open next. Daily, 9am to 9pm. Sea View Terrace, 67 Wodehouse Road, opposite Charagh Din, Colaba. Tel: 6561 1132. Also at Sagar Villa, Ground Floor, opposite Navroze Apartments, Bhulabhai Desai Road. Tel: 6749 5555, and Ground Floor, Kamal Vishranti Kutir, 24th Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 2604 1534.
• San Churro, the Bandra-based chocolate lounge and cafe, has a new outpost in Breach Candy, its second in the city. The menu is the same as at the Bandra flagship. The cafe serves chocolate beverages, chocolate desserts and a few savoury snacks such as sandwiches and quiches. Daily, from noon to 12.30am. First Floor, Akruti Skybay Building, Bhulabhai Desai Road. Tel: 2354 1712.Tags: Fenix, Food scoops, Jamavar, Organic Garden, Organic Haus, Palladium, San Churro, The Leela, The Leela Kempinski, The Oberoi, World Food Friday