Kiehl’s Launches in Mumbai Next Week
• On Sunday, December 4, Bombay Electric, the multi-designer boutique in Colaba, will host Bandra-based design group WETHEPPL, the folks behind the Camiz Project and the clothing label Nor Black Nor White. They’re calling the day-long event the “One Love Bombay Pop Up Festival”, where you can buy men’s shirts, shorts, and postman wallets by the Camiz Project; tops, dresses, shirts and pants for women by Nor Black Nor White; and copies of the second edition of The Great Indian Posterzine, a magazine of tongue-in-cheek Indian posters designed by Doctor Saab of WETHEPPL. There will also be a photobooth where you can use masks and props and have a fun picture taken by photographer and Mumbai Boss contributor Sheena Dabholkar. From 2pm to 8pm. Bombay Electric, 1 Reay House, Best Marg, Colaba. Tel: 2287 6276.
• Mumbai will get its first outpost of Kiehl’s, the American premium cosmetics retailer, at Inorbit mall in Malad, on Saturday, December 10. The boutique will stock the label’s signature skin care and hair care products including creme de corps, lip balm, amino acid shampoo, and ultra facial moisturiser. Ground Floor, Inorbit Mall, Malad Link Road, Malad (West). See the Facebook page for further details.
• French Connection has launched a line of limited edition dresses for the party season. The collection includes a gold silk dress; a fitted, sequined, copper-coloured one; and an LBD with lace detailing. All dresses are priced at Rs5,999 each. You can the pre-order the dresses from www.frenchconnection.in.
• The Artisans’ Centre in Kala Ghoda is hosting an exhibition of handloom saris until Saturday, December 3. The south Indian weaves in silk and cotton are sourced from Vimor, a 35-year-old sari shop in Bangalore, which works with over 50 weavers from Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. From 11am to 7pm. 52-56 Dr. V. B. Gandhi Marg, Kala Ghoda. Tel: 2267 2290.
• The Tarun Tahiliani boutique in Colaba is offering up to 50 per cent off on menswear including shirts, kurtas, sherwanis, formal jackets, waist coats, and bandhgalas. Until Saturday, December 3. Ground floor, Villar Ville, Ramchandani Marg, near the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Colaba. Tel: 2285 4603.
• Camelot, the antique furniture store in Kemps Corner, is hosting a sale of colonial furniture until Tuesday, December 6. They’re offering up to 50 per cent off on bookcases, desks, coffee tables, dining tables, chairs, sofas, mirrors, chests and benches. 127, Kemps Corner, next to Om Chambers. Tel: 2364 4594.