Yogurtbay Opens in Breach Candy
• Yogurtbay now has a second outpost in Breach Candy. The popular frozen yogurt store, which has its flagship in Bandra, offers a selection of regular flavours including blueberry cheesecake, strawberry, chocolate, and original, and a new flavour such as KitKat, tiramisu, peanut butter and jelly, and Oreo cheesecake, which will change daily. The first 1,000 people to visit the store will get a free mini cup of a flavour of their choice. 1A, Sagar Vilas Co-op Housing Society, opposite Navroze Apartments, near Organic Fresh, Warden Road, Breach Candy. Tel: 98333 60235.
• Masala Zone, a Bandra-based Mughlai restaurant, has a new outpost in Shivaji Park. The restaurant serves kebabs, meat and seafood curries, a selection of biryanis and rice, and Indian desserts such as gulab jamun, shahi tukda and rasmalai. The restaurant also has a bar. Daily, from noon to 4pm and from 7pm to midnight. 289, Cadell Road, opposite Natural Ice Cream, Shivaji Park. Tel: 6565 8222.
• From Tuesday, November 29, Indigo in Colaba will serve a special white truffle menu created by chef and restaurant proprietor Rahul Akerkar, who sourced the ingredient on a recent trip to Alba in Italy. The menu includes white truffle polenta with aurgula pudding; Swiss chard, edamame, chestnuts and shaved white truffles; duck confit with a white truffle potato salad and a slow-poached egg; and grilled figs with pecorino, white truffle honey and shaved white truffle. The menu will be served until their supply of truffles lasts. 4, Mandalik Road, off Colaba Causeway, Colaba. Tel: 6636 8981.
• Vetro, the Italian restaurant at The Oberoi, is hosting an Italian food festival until Sunday, December 4. Visiting chef Frederico Innocenti will serve asparagus pie with pecorino Romano sauce; sauteed prawns with beetroot mascarpone and pistachio; pear and ricotta ravioli with beetroot sauce; braised lamb tortelli; pistachio crusted lamb chops; chocolate and chestnut fondant; and orange semifreddo. The Oberoi, Nariman Point. Tel: 6632 6215.
• Frangipani, the all-day restaurant at The Trident Nariman Point, is hosting a charcuterie and cheese promotion until Sunday, December 4. The restaurant has set up a station that offers beer sausages, bangers and mash, Frankfurters, Bratwurst, Edam, Gruyere, and Emmental. Trident, Nariman Point. Tel: 6632 6310.
• Olive Bar & Kitchen in Khar is hosting a Spanish food festival in partnership with the Spanish consulate. At 4pm on Tuesday, November 29, visiting Spanish chef Guillermo Hidalgo will host a paella workshop priced at Rs500 per person. Until Thursday, December 1, the restaurant is serving a special menu created by Olive head chef Manu Chandra and Hidalgo. It includes melon soup with garlic shrimp and basil oil; sauteed squid with mint mayonnaise and ham; and stuffed mushrooms with Manchego cheese. 14, Union Park, near Le Sutra hotel, Khar (West). Tel: 4340 8228.
• Jaydeep Mukherjee, executive chef at Indigo Deli and Indigo Cafe, will host a Christmas cooking demonstration at Indigo in Colaba on Thursday, December 8. He will cook lobster bisque; roast turkey with a sweet potato and Gorgonzola bake with pecan; rigatoni stuffed with Swiss cheese; and pecan pie. Mukherjee will also demonstrate how to stuff and handle a whole turkey. The workshop is priced at Rs2,000 per person. From 9.30am to 1pm. Indigo, 4, Mandalik Road, off Colaba Causeway, Colaba. To reserve a seat, call 6636 8981 or 98209 79789.
• 5 All Day, the Continental restaurant in Colaba, is now serving a set lunch menu. The four course meal includes a soup or salad, an appetiser, a main course and dessert. You can choose from kasundi prawns; cheddar stuffed mushrooms; smoked chicken with beetroot spaghetti; spinach and mushroom lasagne; Cajun chicken; ajwain and pepper basa; creme brulee; and apple terrine. The meal is priced at Rs475 per person and includes a complimentary glass of Sula. Hotel Apollo, Lansdown Road, behind Regal Cinema, Colaba. Tel: 6524 7070.
• Silver Beach Cafe in Juhu has introduced all-day breakfast. On the menu are eggs to order, pancakes, waffles, basil upma, and fresh juices. The begins at 7am. Jaldarshan building, near Hare Rama, Hare Krishna Temple, Gandhi Gram Road, Juhu. Tel: 2620 8930.