Wich Latte Opens in Lower Parel; The Table Launches High Tea
• Colaba cafe Wich Latte has a new outpost in Lower Parel. This branch, located inside the Mathuradas Mills compound, only serves vegetarian fare such as the paneer tikka sandwich; the mixed peppers panini; and a salsa wich that includes olives, jalapenos, cucumbers and tomatoes. Open daily, from 11am to 7pm. Mathuradas Mills Compound, near WLC College, Tulsi Pipe Road, Lower Parel. Tel: 3222 7202.
• On Monday, November 14, Leb Mex, a fast food chain from Bangalore, launched its second outpost in Mumbai, inside the Mathuradas Mills compound in Lower Parel. The restaurant serves vegetarian Lebanese and Mexican fusion fare. Open daily, from 11am to 7pm. Mathuradas Mills Compound, near WLC College, Tulsi Pipe Road, Lower Parel. Tel: 3222 7202.
• The Table will launch a Champagne High Tea starting this Friday, November 18. The tea will include a three-tiered tray of warm scones, mini sandwiches and pastries as well as coffee, loose leaf teas and hot chocolates. The champagne on offer will be a Moët & Chandon Brut Imperial. The small tea tray is priced at Rs450; the large tea tray at Rs900; a glass of Moët & Chandon is Rs550. Monday to Saturday, 4.30pm to 6.30pm. Kalapesi Trust Building, Ground Floor, CSM Marg, Opposite Dhanraj Mahal, Apollo Bunder. Tel: 2282 5000.
• Indigo Deli is now selling an apple pecan butter preserve and a blue cheese dip at its Colaba and Lower Parel outposts. The apple preserve, made by blending Granny Smith apples and those from Kullu Manali, has a hint of cinnamon. Their creamy blue cheese dip, which is served with an order of chicken wings at the restaurant, is made using sour cream, home made mayonnaise and Gorgonzola. First Floor, Palladium, Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel. Tel: 2498 6262. Also at 5, Pheroze Building, Ground Floor, Apollo Bunder, near Gateway of India. Tel: 6655 1010.
• Voting is open for fortnightly arts and culture magazine Time Out’s inaugural Food Awards, which will be announced on Tuesday, December 6 at the Taj Lands End hotel in Bandra. To vote, visit www.timeoutfoodawards.com where you can cast a single vote for as many of the listed establishments as you like. The fine dining restaurants, cafes, patisseries, fast food chains and ice cream shops listed on the site stand to win the People’s Choice prize. The last day to vote is Wednesday, November 30.