Sign Up For A Belgian Beer Tasting; Wine Dinners
• Mocha Mojo has added Italian specials to its menu. You can choose from jalapeno poppers; pasta in a four cheese sauce; risotto cooked with garlic, olive oil and Gorgonzola; lamb cooked in mushroom sauce; and spaghetti with meatballs (see image). Classical Corner Building, next to Holy Family Hospital, Hill Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 2643 3098.
• Copper Chimney, the chain of North Indian restaurants, is hosting a kebab festival. The menu includes Kandhari paneer tikka; prawn kebabs; murgh Pashtuni kebab; arbi kebab; raan; tawa aloo; and grilled corn. Until Sunday, October 30. 101, First Floor, Fortune Classic, 15th Road, above the Toyota showroom, opposite the Gabbana clothing store, Khar. Tel: 6741 2400. Also in Kala Ghoda (Tel: 2202 2444), Lower Parel (Tel: 2496 3333) and Goregaon (Tel: 6710 5966).
• Deliciae, the dessert counter at Out of The Blue, is now selling gourmet cupcakes. The cupcakes are available in such flavours as blueberry cheesecake, tiramisu, choco cherry and Ferrero Rocher, and are priced at Rs110 each. They have also launched four new cold coffee flavours: choco chip, brownie, Oreo, and hazelnut and caramel. Le Sutra, 14 Union Park, near Olive Bar & Kitchen, Khar (West). Tel: 2600 3000. Haiko Mall, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai. Tel: 4071 7344.
• Mesa Bistro, the Mediterranean restaurant at the Svenska Design Hotel in Andheri, will serve a midnight buffet during Navratri, which begins on Wednesday, September 28. They will offer a multi-cuisine spread from 11pm to 1.30am daily, until Wednesday, October 5. The buffet is priced at Rs399 per person. Svenska Design Hotels, F73/74, Oberoi Complex, off Link Road, Andheri (West). Tel: 4431 0000.
• Cerana Imports, a craft beer distribution company will launch two Belgian beers, Duvel and Liefmans, at the bar at Tote on the Turf on Tuesday, September 27. Cerana has organised a tasting of the two ales, which will be served along with assorted hors d’oeuvres. The tasting is priced at Rs500 per person (excluding taxes). On Wednesday, September 28, New Zealand-based winery Villa Maria will host a wine-paired dinner at Neel at Tote on the Turf. The six-course meal will comprise a soup, a selection of kebabs, an entree and dessert. Five of the six courses will be paired with wine. The dinner is priced at Rs3,500 per person. Mahalaxmi Race Course, opposite Gates 5 & 6, Keshvrao Khadye Marg, Mahalaxmi. Tel: 6157 7777. To make a reservation, call Greg D’Souza on 98203 73444.
• The Wine Society of India will host an art and wine evening at Sakshi Gallery in Colaba, on Wednesday, September 28. The wine list for the evening will include seven labels from Portugal, France, India, Italy and Australia. They will also serve finger foods such as lavash, aloo tikkis, vegetarian spring rolls, mushroom canapes, chicken sausages, and cheese and crackers. The event is priced at Rs1,100 per person. Tanna House, 11 Nathalal Parekh Marg, Colaba. Tel: 6610 3424. To make a reservation, call 4345 9100.Tags: Cerana Imports, Copper Chimney, Deliciae, Mesa Bistro, Mocha Mojo, Neel at Tote on the Turf, Restaurants, Sakshi Gallery, Svenska Design Hotels, The Wine Society of India, Tote on the Turf, Villa Maria