Cafe Moshe’s Opens In Juhu
• On Wednesday, September 14, restaurateur Moshe Shek launched the fifth outpost of his Cafe Moshe’s chain of restaurants in Juhu. The menu includes hot and cold beverages, salads, sandwiches, pastas and desserts. Daily, 9.30am to midnight. Janki Kutir, opposite St. Joseph’s High School, next to Gloria Jean’s, Juhu. Tel: 6534 5455.
• Fenix, the all-day restaurant at The Oberoi, is serving noodle specials. The menu features Japanese buckwheat noodles with shiitake mushrooms, fried tofu or roast chicken; udon noodles with tempura vegetables, prawns or lobster; Singaporean laksa with five-spice roast chicken; pad Thai; mee goreng with shrimps, chicken or tenderloin; and Burmese khow suey. Until Sunday, September 25. Lobby Level, The Oberoi, Nariman Point. Tel: 6632 6205.
• The Tasty Tangles, the South-East Asian restaurant in Khar, will hold cooking demonstrations, on the first and third Wednesday of every month. The menu for the demo on Wednesday, October 5, includes spicy lemon-grass paneer cakes; Malaysian hot ’n’ sour soup; Thai chicken salad; sweet ’n’ sour chicken; and cinnamon wantons. The sessions are priced at Rs1,800 per person (which includes the cost of the food). Pinnacle House, Level 1, P. D. Hinduja Marg, off Linking Road, Bandra (West). To reserve a spot, call 6709 4444.
• Ming Yang, the Chinese restaurant at the Taj Lands End hotels, will serve a special menu from Friday, September 23 to Sunday, October 2. It includes duck and crab meat soup; home-style mutton and red bean soup; scallop dumpling; tenderloin shumai; scrambled eggs with shrimp; prawns and squid with celery in Schezwan sauce; and sliced beef with leeks. Taj Lands End, Bandstand, Bandra (West). Tel: 6668 1234.
• Diva Maharashtracha has added new dishes to its thali menu options. You can now pick from chicken sagoti; prawn cutlets; chicken in green gravy; aloo vadi; amti; and khamang kakdi (cucumber salad). The vegetarian thali is priced at Rs299 per person and the non-vegetarian thali at Rs399 per person. 1-4, T. H. Kataria Marg, Urant Shivaji Park, near Goa Portuguesa, Mahim. Tel: 91670 96460.
• Malt & Pepper, the multi-cuisine restaurant and pub in Fort, is now serving lunch. The menu features rocket salad with balsamic dressing; fig and olive crostini; watermelon gazpacho; zucchini fritters with BBQ sauce in herb rice; risotto with porcini mushrooms; and grilled fish in caper sauce. 16 Marzban Road, near Sterling Cinema, Fort. Tel: 2203 7357.Tags: Cafe Moshe's, Diva Maharashtracha, Fenix, Food scoops, Malt & Pepper, Ming Yang, Taj Lands End, The Oberoi, The Tasty Tangles