Attend A Wine Dinner At The Table
• Le 15 Patisserie has added red velvet cheesecake brownies to its menu. The brownies will be available from Friday, September 16. Shama Hair and Skin Boutique, Krishna Building, near Podar Hospital, J. N. Palkar Road, Worli. Also at Ground Floor, Good Earth, Raghuvanshi Mills, Lower Parel. Tel: 97692 86544.
• Pan-Asian restaurant and lounge bar Shiro has a new Sunday brunch menu. The spread includes mushroom dumplings; Thai barbecue chicken; crispy tofu wantons; chicken gyoza; and hibachi noodles. The brunch is priced at Rs1,750 per person (excluding taxes but includes unlimited Grey Goose martinis). Bombay Dyeing Mills Compound, Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Worli. Tel: 6615 5980.
• For a week starting Friday, September 16, Frangipani, the all-day restaurant at Trident, Nariman Point, will serve spanakopitas, a savoury Greek pastry traditionally stuffed with spinach and feta. At Frangipani, they will serve spanakopita stuffed with spiced pomfret; black pepper and cumin-roasted tenderloin; and homemade ricotta and creamed spinach. Each portion of spanakopita will be served with a different salad. Trident, Nariman Point. Tel: 6632 6310.
• All Things Nice, a company that organises wine tastings across the city, will host a wine dinner at The Table on Wednesday, September 28. Chef Alex Sanchez will serve a four-course meal that will be paired with wines from India, France and South Africa. The menu will include spicy grilled calamari and fresh herb salad; New Orleans style lobster and shrimp cake; red beet risotto with dill mascarpone; Provencal lamb ragout with pappardelle pasta; fish and seafood stew; espresso granita parfait; raspberry clafoutis; and souffled cheesecake with roasted strawberries and tarragon. Dinner is priced at Rs2,350 per person (inclusive of alcohol and taxes). Hotel Suba Palace, C. S. M. Marg, opposite Dhanraj Mahal, Apollo Bunder, Colaba. Call 98207 04500 to make a reservation.
• The Wine Society of India will host an introductory session on wine and wine etiquette, called Wine and Your Lifestyle, on Saturday, September 24. The three-hour session will be conducted by Shagun Mehra, a Wine and Spirit Education Trust trainer. Mehra will cover topics such as types and styles of wine, how to taste wine and how to serve and store bottles. The session, priced at Rs2,850 per person, can accommodate 12 people and will include tastings of six different wines from India, France, Spain, Chile, Australia and Spain. Valhalla, Eros Theatre Building, 42 Maharhi Karve Road, Churchgate. Call 4345 9100 to make a reservation or email firstname.lastname@example.org.