Shop For Accessories At New Chowpatty Store Home Collective
• Chowpatty has a new home store called Home Collective that stocks imported
accessories for the kitchen, garden and home. Their product range includes crockery, magazine racks, letter boxes, bar accessories and cutlery for kids. Prices start at Rs305 for a serving spoon. 29A Dr. Atmaram Rangnekar Marg, First Floor, opposite Anokhi, off Hughes Road, Girgaum Chowpatty. Tel: 6655 5390.
• Mumbai-based accessories designer Ayesha Kapur has opened her flagship store at Infiniti Mall in Malad. The store stocks costume jewellery including necklaces, earrings and charm bracelets; hats, caps and hair accessories; scarves, stoles and bags. Prices start at Rs150 for rings. Store No.21, First Floor, Infiniti Mall, near Goregaon Sports Complex, Link Road, Malad (West). Tel: 6195 5555.
SALES & EXHIBITIONS
• Organic cotton T-shirt maker No Nasties is holding a “2 Every 2” sale, where tees by different sets of two designers will be available at a 25 per cent discount every two days. Log on to their Facebook page to see which designs are on sale. Until Thursday, August 18. Visit www.nonasties.in to place an order.
• Starting today, Mogra, the multi-designer boutique at High Street Phoenix, is hosting an exhibition of festive clothing and accessories. They have bridal wear by Anshu Modi, shoes by Payal Kothari of the label Veruschka, and Maheshwari dupattas, sarees and salwar suits made by artisans supported by Ahilya, an NGO that works for the welfare of weavers. At an additional cost, shoppers can also customise their shoes from Veruschka. Kothari will make a pair according to your specifications of colour, design and embellishments. Until Saturday, August 13. Skyzone, First Floor, High Street Phoenix, Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel. Tel: 2496 0809.
• The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel is hosting an exhibition of hand woven Banarasi sarees called Taj Khazana. The silk sarees, each of which takes two to three months to weave, feature intricate zari work and paisley patterns. Today, Wednesday, August 10, is the last day of the exhibition that ends at 8.30pm. Gateway Room, Taj Mahal Palace Hotel. Tel: 6601 1825.
• Kalakriti, an Orissa-based organisation that promotes tribal handicrafts, will host an exhibition of paintings and artefacts at Cymroza Art Gallery starting this Friday, August 12. You can shop for wrought iron figurines, decorative items cast with Dhokra (bell) metal, tribal jewellery made of brass and white metal, fabrics dyed with vegetable colour, and paintings on cloth and paper depicting tribal life. Until Sunday, August 14, from 10am to 8pm. Cymroza Art Gallery, 72 Hormuz Mansion, near the American Consulate, Breach Candy. Tel: 2364 1755.
• On Thursday, August 11, mutli-designer store Aza will launch a prints-heavy clothing line called Tambourine by designer Divya Mohta. Mohta has used ikat, chintz and leheria prints across kurtas, skirts, dresses and jumpsuits for women. Aza, 21 Sify Apartments, Altamount Road. Tel: 2351 7617.Tags: Ayesha Kapur, Aza, Divya Mohta, Home Collective, Kalakriti, Mogra, No Nasties, Shopping Scoops, Taj Mahal Palace Hotel