Olive Bar & Kitchen In Khar Has A New Menu
• Olive Bar & Kitchen in Khar has a new menu drafted by excutive chef Manu Chandra. They now serve baked Brie; mushrooms stuffed with feta; portobello
mushrooms tarte tartin; crab three ways; scampi with squid ink linguini; pan-seard black cod; pan-seared scallops; baklava; chocolate fondant and peanut butter ice cream sandwich. 14 Union Park, near Le Sutra hotel, Khar. Tel: 2605 8228.
• Vista the all-day restaurant at Taj Lands End will celebrate Independence Day a day ahead, on Sunday, August 14 with a buffet that will feature Indian dishes such as moong gosht; kache aam ka jheenga; methi paneer; urulai roast (fried potatoes); makhana pulao; and Telangana lamb chops. The buffet is priced at Rs2,500 per person (excluding taxes). From Friday, August 12, Masala Bay, the Indian restaurant at Taj Lands End, will host a Rajasthani food festival. Chef Mod Singh, from the Umaid Bhawan Palace hotel in Jodhpur, will be serving specialties like lamb broth; dum-cooked lamb kebabs; chicken prepared with khoya and yoghurt; lentil pancakes; moong dal dumplings; and pulao with sweet potatoes and dry fruits. Until Saturday, August 27. Taj Lands End, Bandstand, Bandra (West). Tel: 6668 1234.
• Thai chef Ian Kittichai who shuttles between his restaurants in India and Bangkok, is back in the kitchen at Koh at InterContinental Marine Drive from today, until Saturday, August 13. Kittichai is down to celebrate the restaurant’s first anniversary and will be hosting a “chef’s table” for groups of six to eight people for lunch and dinner during his visit. This will include a five-course menu prepared by Kittichai, who will also interact with guests and will answer their queries about the food. The “chef’s table” meal is priced at Rs4,995 per person (excluding taxes and alcohol). InterContinental Marine Drive, 135 Marine Drive. To make a reservation, contact: 3987 9999.
• On Saturday, August 20, Miro, the Mediterranean restaurant at the Svenska Design Hotel in Andheri will host a cooking demo during which Zubin D’Souza, the hotel’s food and beverage director, will teach participants how to prepare Spanish, Greek, Moroccan and Italian dishes. The demo, priced at Rs699 per person (excluding taxes), will be followed by a buffet lunch that will include unlimited sangria. Svenska Design Hotel, Oberoi Complex, near Laxmi Industrial Estate, off Link Road, Andheri (West). Tel: 4431 0000.
• Chez Vous, the French restaurant at Churchgate, will host a jazz performance on Friday, August 12. The evening will feature the Mumbai-based Ralf Kamphuis Trio, which has been performing in the city since 2008. The menu for the evening will include coq au vin; Chateaubriand in foie gras and truffle oil sauce; tarte tartin; souffle chavignol; and veloute chavignol. They will charge a Rs500 cover fee, which includes a glass of champagne. Eros Cinema building, Ground Floor, M.K . Road, Churchgate. Tel: 91677 59099.
• We reported in May that chef Moshe Shek was launching a restaurant, his fifth in the city at Palladium in Lower Parel. The all-day restaurant opened on Monday, August 1. It serves small plates, sandwiches, pizzas and deli products such as breads, biscotti, honey, jams, muffins and pastry. Palladium, Ground Floor, Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel. Tel: 2491 2210.