Debailleul To Open August 1
• After many delays, Belgian patisserie and chocolatier Debailleul will open on Monday, August 1 in Prabhadevi. The outlet, which will be take-away only, will sell chocolates, ice creams and sorbets, pastries (gateaux, tarts, macarons) and breads (brioche, croissant, pain au chocolate). Emca Sadan, Appasaheb Marathe Road, Prabhadevi.
• Vetro, the Italian fine dining restaurant at The Oberoi, is serving specialities from the Piedmont region, the north western part of Italy renowned for its Barolo and Barbaresco wines, and for pioneering the Slow Food movement. Chef Vincenzo di Tuoro will prepare cabbage and beetroot salad; onion soup with bacon, seared tomato and Kalamata olive polenta; fonduta with poached eggs and cucumber foam; Barolo wine risotto with gorgonzola; braised veal agnolotti with butter, parmesan and sage butter; rack of lamb and more. Until Sunday, July 31. Vetro, The Oberoi, Nariman Point. Tel: 6632 6215.
• The Foodhall at the Palladium mall will host a Spanish fiesta, where you can buy Spanish foods, and taste samples of paella, tapas, Spanish omelette and more. Until Sunday, July 31. Palladium Mall, Level 3, High Street Phoenix, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel. Tel: 3026 4578.
• Street food stall Bademiya will open a split-level AC restaurant in Horniman Circle soon. The iconic eatery, renowned for dishing up kebab rolls to late night revellers, has operated from a stall behind the Taj Mahal hotel in Colaba for the last 70 years. The restaurant menu, which will be 10 per cent more expensive, will include biryanis and curries in addition to rolls and kebabs. [Hindustan Times]
• E-retail site Aaramshop.com will launch shopping services for Mumbai residents via its Facebook page next month. The site ties up with local grocery stores to deliver everything from biscuits and detergents to masalas and milk. [Hindustan Times]Tags: Aaramshop.com, Bademiya, Debailleul, Foodhall, Restaurants, Vetro