H&M in Talks To Open in India
• On Monday, June 27, Mumbai-based entrepreneur Nisha Castelino will hold Buttons The Baby Co, a kidswear exhibition where you can buy clothing, sourced from America, for children between the ages of three months and five years. You can choose from light summer dresses, rompers, shirts, shorts, party wear and swimwear for your tots. Castelino will also sell curtains, bedding sets, quilts, bath ponchos and towels. Prices start at Rs500. 11am to 7pm. Gallery Amon, Ground Floor (gate next to Mega Stationers), Sahakar Niwas, next to SOBO Central Mall, near Haji Ali, Tardeo. Tel: 98200 06006.
• The four-month old Verandah The Café in Lower Parel will host its first monthly “Weekend Bazzare” on Saturday, June 25 (from 4.30 to 10.30pm) and Sunday, June 26 (from 11am to 8pm). For their first edition, they’ve got 11 designers from Mumbai, Delhi and Calcutta, whose range of products includes semi precious jewellery, cushions, bedspreads, table runners, semi-formal chiffon tunics, Pakistani salwar suits and animal print clutches with floral brooches. Prices start at Rs3,000 for a dress. Elegant Marbles, Raghuvanshi Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel. Tel: 3225 5122.
• PotliArts, a Mumbai-based company that promotes folk and tribal art and craft, is hosting a textiles sale at the Artisans’ Centre in Kala Ghoda until Sunday, July 3. On offer are cotton, khadi and silk saris with zari work, Maheshwari saris in natural dyes and Ilkal saris woven by Karnataka’s Lambani tribe. Daily, 10.30am to 7.30pm. Artisans’ Centre, 52-56, Dr. V.B. Gandhi Marg, Kala Ghoda. Tel: 2267 3040.
• Home Stop, a home décor and furniture store in Inorbit Mall in Malad, is holding an exhibition and sale of silk saris with Banarasi, Kanchipuram, and Kantha embroidery. You can also buy cotton saris with Chanderi, Chikankari and Ikat work at the store. Until Thursday, June 30. Second Floor, Inorbit Mall, Link Road, Malad (West). Tel: 4249 2500.
• Facebook has taken down the pages of Cadbury India and the India page of clothing label French Connection UK. The companies have lost their admin access on the social networking site because they reportedly did not adhere to Facebook’s terms and conditions governing page usage. [Firstpost.com]
• Swedish fashion label H&M is looking to open its first store in India within 24 months. The $15 billion retail chain is in talks with India’s mall developers like Phoenix and DLF and companies like the ITC Group and Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance. H&M, which has over 2,000 stores worldwide, is renowned for its cheap and quick turnover of fashion merchandise and its collaborations with luxury designers like Lanvin, Stella McCartney and most recently Versace. [The Times of India]Tags: Buttons The Baby Co., Fashion, H&M, Home Stop, PotliArts, Reliance, Shopping Scoops, Verandah The Cafe