Shop For Imported Teas Online
• You can now shop for imported teas online at Tea Culture of the World. The selection includes blooming teas, red tea, Oolong tea, the medicinal Pu-erh tea, white tea and chrysanthemum tea. Flavours include chamomile, jasmine and rose. The site also has a health chart that prescribes teas for different ailments. Prices start at Rs800 for a box of green tea. For more information, call 6527 0443.
• From Friday, June 17, India Jones at The Trident, Nariman Point, will host a week-long salad festival. The specials include sake-marinated grilled tenderloin salad with spring scallions; salad of steamed haricots dressed with miso and sesame seed oil; steamed chicken salad with Chinese wine, garlic and onion; and a salad of marinated Kerala prawns with galangal and lemongrass. Until Sunday, June 26. The Trident, Nariman Point. Tel: 6632 6330.
• Baluchi, the Indian restaurant at InterContinental The Lalit, will host a “Chandni Chowk” festival, where it will serve popular street food inspired by the New Delhi neighbourhood. During the festival, which begins on Saturday, June 18, Baluchi will have a number of counters that will serve parathas, biryanis, jalebis and meat specialties like rogan josh and lamb kebabs. Until Thursday, July 7. InterContinental The Lalit, near Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Road, Andheri (East). Tel: 6699 2222.
• Nashik-based Good Earth Winery has launched two new red wines, Taal and Tarang. Taal is made with Cabernet Sauvignon and Tarang with Shiraz grapes. The winemakers recommend pairing Taal with mildly spiced Indian food and Tarang with spicy Asian curries. Both are priced at Rs975 for a 750ml bottle. See here for locations.
• For a month starting Friday, June 17, Godrej Nature’s Basket will promote Italian food products at its Bandra and Warden Road outposts. To inaugurate the event, they will host cooking demonstrations at the two stores on Friday, June 17 and Saturday June 18 respectively. During the demos, which will take place between 4.30pm and 5.30pm, a chef will prepare basic Italian dishes such as a salad, soup, pizza and pasta. On Friday, June 17 at 133 Hill Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 2642 5050. On Saturday, June 18 at Shop No. 8, Tirupati Apartments, opposite the Mahalaxmi Temple, Warden Road. Tel: 2352 6775.Tags: Baluchi, Food scoops, Godrej Nature's Basket, Good Earth Winery, India Jones, InterContinental The Lalit, Restaurants, Tea Culture of the World