Recipe: Baked Masala Khichdi
We ask the city’s home chefs, bartenders, food bloggers and gourmands to share their favourite recipes. This week, Asha Mehta, owner of Swati Snacks, tells us how to make the restaurant’s popular baked masala khichdi.
• 250 grams rice
• 250 grams white chawli
• 500 grams whole moong
• 100 grams ghee
• 500 grams onion
• 250 grams tomato
• 75 grams garlic paste
• 15 grams garam masala
• Beaten curd
• Salt to taste
• Boil the rice, white chawli and whole moong together.
• In a pan heat ghee and add the chopped onions, chopped tomatoes and garlic paste.
• Add garam masala and the boiled rice mix to the pan.
• After mixing it all well put it into a baking dish, pour the beaten curd over the rice and bake it for ten minutes.
• Once it’s ready, garnish with fried onions and serve.