Mother’s Day Specials Around Town
• Indigo Deli is taking orders for Mother’s Day hampers. You can pick from their range of gourmet products including imported cheeses, preserves, muffins, cupcakes, olive oils, pickles, sauces and wines. The small basket costs Rs450, and the large Rs550, with the final price of the hampers tallied on the number of products you buy. Orders need to be placed a day in advance. First Floor, Palladium, Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel. Tel: 2498 6262. Also at 5, Ground Floor, Pheroze Building, Apollo Bunder, near Gateway of India. Tel: 6655 1010.
• To celebrate Mother’s Day on Sunday, May 8, the Mocha chain of coffee shops will give a free chocolate brownie to all the mothers who visit their cafés on the day. If you visit with your mother, contact the outlet manager to claim your brownie. See here for locations.
• Cinnabon will sell their mini bon (Rs180), mini chocobon (Rs220) and mini pecanbon (Rs247) packs at 15 per cent off on Sunday, May 8, in celebration of Mother’s Day. Next to Oceanic Building, Rizvi College turn, Carter Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 6765 6719. Pali Naka, St. John Street, near Cafe Basilico, Bandra (West). Tel: 6710 6465. Sagrika Apartment, opposite Palm Grove Hotel, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu. Tel: 6671 6784. Tirupati Apartments, opposite the Mahalaxmi Temple, Bhulabhai Desai Road. Tel: 6515 1999.
• On Sunday, May 8, Earth Plate, the multi-cuisine restaurant at the Sahara Star hotel, will offer families who come with their mother a discount of 20 per cent on their brunch. The brunch is priced at Rs2,050 (excluding tax) per person without alcohol and at Rs2,250 (excluding tax) per person with alcohol. Sahara Star, near the Domestic Airport, Vile Parle. Tel: 3980 7444.
• Hair salon Juice is offering Mother’s Day vouchers for Rs1,000, which she can redeem for a head massage, a hair cut or a hair spa session. The gift voucher also entitles them to a free manicure or nail art session. The offer is valid until Tuesday, May 31. Click here for salon locations.
• The spa at the Four Seasons Hotel is offering a “Love Your Legs” special for mums. If you book a 60-minute Padamardhana treatment (a combination of reflexology and hot stone massage for legs and feet) for Rs1,000 this month, you’ll get a 15-minute complimentary chakra-balancing foot wash and scrub. Four Seasons Hotel, 114 Dr. E. Moses Road, Worli. Tel: 2481 8005.
• Rudra is offering a 40 per cent discount on all therapies and massages priced over Rs3,300. Mums can choose from the Balinese massage, deep tissue treatment, hot stone therapy, Ayurveda Abhyanga, and Thai and aroma massages. The offer is valid all this month, Tuesday through Friday, noon to 5pm. Kemps Boulevard, 155 Kwality House, Kemps Corner. Tel: 2387 2530.
• Hair salon b: blunt is offering a free manicure, pedicure or express Kerastase treatment for every Kerastase hair treatment you buy. The offer is only valid on Sunday, May 8. Prices for the Kerastase treatments start at Rs2,300. For all locations see here.
• Gift your mother a bouquet of blush pink roses and gypso from Libellule, the flower shop at Le Mill, which is offering a ten per cent discount on these arrangements priced at Rs1,000 and above. Or buy her carnation stems priced at Rs20 each. The offer is valid until 5pm on Sunday, May 8. Orders have to be placed beforehand. The store is not offering home delivery on Sunday. 17-25 Nandlal Jani Road, next to Wadi Bunder new railway bridge, Wadi Bunder. Tel: 98709 55128.