Out of the Blue Has Introduced Breakfast
• Frangipani, the all-day restaurant at Trident, Nariman Point will host a festival of summer salads from Friday, April 29. The menu includes Caesar salad with bacon bits and a poached egg; spiced chicken salad with iceberg lettuce, Kalamata olives, bacon bits and Gorgonzola; watermelon carpaccio and toasted hazelnuts; and a mixed Mesclun salad with cherry tomatoes, avocados and asparagus in maple balsamic dressing. Until Sunday, May 8. Trident, Nariman Point. Tel: 6632 6310.
• Zerza, the multi-cuisine restaurant and lounge at The Regale by Tunga hotel in Andheri, has started a Sunday brunch, with pasta, chaat, kebab and Chinese food stations. Guests at the brunch will also have access to the hotel’s pool. The brunch is priced at Rs499 (excluding taxes). The Regale by Tunga, MIDC Road, Andheri (East). Tel: 6144 6464.
• Out of the Blue, the Continental restaurant in Khar, is now serving breakfast. The breakfast buffet includes parathas, idlis, sausages, cold cuts, fruits and cereal. The buffet, which includes an eggs-to-order station, is priced at Rs250 per person. Monday to Saturday, 7am to 10.30am and Sunday, 7am to 11am. Le Sutra, 14, Union Park, near Olive Bar & Kitchen, Khar (West). Tel: 2600 3000.
• Revival Indian Thali is a new thali restaurant near Crawford Market that serves regional Indian cuisines. The menu will change daily, with each thali comprising a combination of Punjabi, Sindhi, Bengali, Parsi, Maharashtrian, South Indian, Gujarati and Rajasthani dishes. Next to Juma Masjid, Sheikh Memon Street, near Crawford Market. Tel: 2344 9014.
• Tosa, the multi-cuisine restaurant in Vile Parle, has a new mango specials menu that includes drinks such as aam ka panna, kachi kairi ka sherbet and mango lassi, starters like kairi bhajiya, mango dhokla and kairi muthiya and main courses such as mango kadhi with steamed rice, aamras puri and kairi thepla. For dessert, they will serve mango kheer, mango kulfi and mango ice cream. Ahead of Dinanath Mangeshkar Hall, behind Cafe Coffee Day, junction of Tejpal Road and Parleshwar Road, Vile Parle (East). Tel: 2610 3310.
• The owners of Out of the Blue have launched Cafe Bean Garu, a restaurant that serves south Indian food with European influences, in Powai. The menu includes pesto cheese dosa, pizza dosa, butter and herb idlis, curd rice, spiced cottage cheese dosa (see image), Malabar curry, Malabar risotto, Andhra filter coffee and Nutella dosa. Level 1, Haiko Mall, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai. Tel: 4015 3258.
• Sanjiv Chona, the owner of Cream Centre in Chowpatty is reportedly developing high-end ice cream parlours that will also serve sundaes, coffees and desserts. The cafes, likely to be called Ice Cream World by Cream Centre, will specialise in eggless ice creams and will offer about 36 flavours imported from France, Italy and USA. [Indiaretailing.com]Tags: Cafe Bean Garu, Food scoops, Frangipani, Out of the Blue, Revival Indian Thali, The Regale by Tunga, Tosa, Zerza